Outlook on life

crockett

This forum needs more positivity.

At times it reads like the Death Notice section of a news paper paired with the horror stories out of a 80s edition from the National Enquirer!

Too many threads about who just died, how few years one has left, counting our diseases, how bad Biden and the liberals are. Its a total waste of time and flat out depressing.

I understand that I have added my own negative side, but it almost always gets triggered by one of those "bad news" threads.

Where are the range session threads? Where are the personal project threads? Where are the threads about your next goals and plans? Where are YOUR photos instead of just some copy & past stuff found on the internet?

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, crockett said:

This forum needs more positivity.

At times it reads like the Death Notice section of a news paper paired with the horror stories out of a 80s edition from the National Enquirer!

Too many threads about who just died, how few years one has left, counting our diseases, how bad Biden and the liberals are. Its a total waste of time and flat out depressing.

I understand that I have added my own negative side, but it almost always gets triggered by one of those "bad news" threads.

Where are the range session threads? Where are the personal project threads? Where are the threads about your next goals and plans? Where are YOUR photos instead of just some copy & past stuff found on the internet?

Me, I have a positive and a negative side. I guess that makes me bipolar, but I'm well grounded. :biggrin:

I agree about having more positive stuff posted. I come here to escape life's crap. I would like this to be a place where people can get away from the world for a while and relax.

• Thanks 1

In 1976, the city of Memphis opened a theme park called Libertyland around the Pippin and the Grand Carousel, also on the grounds. Renamed the Zippin Pippin, the coaster was billed as the most prominent and historic ride at Libertyland, and was reportedly Elvis Presley's favorite roller coaster. At first, Presley would rent the entire park on occasion just to ride it without constant fan interference. Just a week before his death, Presley rented the park from 1 a.m. to 7 a.m. to entertain a small number of guests and he rode the Zippin Pippin for hours without stopping.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zippin_Pippin

• Like 1

I’m fixing to move. Of all goes well. I will post pictures of the new crib. Any of you guys and gals ever come to Alaska I will have a spare room. I don’t have any projects going on. I know I should post more but I’m not allowed to use my phone at my job. But I still check in with ya all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The voices in my head are pretty negative.  I can drown them out with tin foil though.

Human nature is to focus on negatives unfortunately.  Most jobs are built on negative reinforcement.

99.9% success, .1% failure?  Which one do you hear about at your performance review?

A million planes fly, 1 crashes.  Which one is on the news?

300 million guns responsibly owned, 1 used for evil.  Which do you hear about?

People do not panic and lose their **** when stocks irrationally go up, only when they go down.

This list is endless.   The enemy is us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Peng said:

The voices in my head are pretty negative.  I can drown them out with tin foil though.

Human nature is to focus on negatives unfortunately.  Most jobs are built on negative reinforcement.

99.9% success, .1% failure?  Which one do you hear about at your performance review?

A million planes fly, 1 crashes.  Which one is on the news?

300 million guns responsibly owned, 1 used for evil.  Which do you hear about?

People do not panic and lose their **** when stocks irrationally go up, only when they go down.

This list is endless.   The enemy is us.

I agree fully.

And realization is the first step to aim for a healthier and happier direction. More productive too.

I haven't noticed an overwhelming, or even a lot, of truly negative. Not sure I've read about "Who died", well other than a few who harp on that crap in the Ronan threads.

LostWife is happy, veggies are growing, the robot is vacuuming so we don't have to, and the bills are paid.

We don't have control over a lot, but we can control what is in the mirror. That doesn't mean everything will always be rainbows and unicorns, but how we get up, dust off and greet our adoring public is what matters in life. It can get tiresome, and we all have to get over those mountains.

Cheers

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

I haven't noticed an overwhelming, or even a lot, of truly negative.

Some examples. They are ALL from the first page ONLY of current forum threads. There are thousands on the following pages. They all contain either bad news or deal with suffering, hence negative content.

image.thumb.png.34285bacd317dca0f72f37d11d337312.png

1 hour ago, crockett said:

Some examples. They are ALL from the first page ONLY of current forum threads. There are thousands on the following pages. They all contain either bad news or deal with suffering, hence negative content.

image.thumb.png.34285bacd317dca0f72f37d11d337312.png

LMAO, look in a mirror and start there. You seem stressed. Don't let it get you. Looking for bad nooz will lead you straight to it, no matter. Kinda like those here complaining of SJW ruining movies. It does ruin a lot of them, but if you go in looking to be irritated, you'll find it, no matter what. Probably find something to gripe about in Steamboat Willy.

I used to stress over just about everything. My personality was just high strung. I don't recommend the "cure" that I had, but it sure is a pleasant change in my outlook. I'm still an a$$hole, but one at peace with myself that I never knew existed.

This sin't your first reference to being stressed to the limit, so watch out for yourself.

Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1