North to Alaska…

railfancwb

Is a passport required for a US citizen who rides the Alaska Ferry System, boarding/deboarding in Washington State and Alaska without sitting foot in Canada?

Likewise, is a passport required to fly between Alaskan airports and other airports anywhere in the United States for a citizen who has the “Real ID” gold star drivers license?

Not needed on an commercial airplane.

If you should be forced to land in Canada,  you just stay on the "American" side of the international terminal.

(I was warned that if forced to land in Canada,  they would likely confiscate the artwork and souvenirs I had bought (ivory and furs))..

A friend made a trip through Canada to Alaska, with his truck. His visa was good for 5 days. Weather conditions caused them to need one extra day. At the border he was pushed into a court room and got fine as well as a 1 year travel ban.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, crockett said:

A friend made a trip through Canada to Alaska, with his truck. His visa was good for 5 days. Weather conditions caused them to need one extra day. At the border he was pushed into a court room and got fine as well as a 1 year travel ban.

That's much harsher treatment than I would have expected. Damn Canadians were having a bad day.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

That's much harsher treatment than I would have expected. Damn Canadians were having a bad day.

"Oh, suuuure. Weather, eh? What kinda rabble-rousing were you getting into out there in the Yukon? You betcha, we gotta keep a close eye on you wild Americans."

• Haha 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, NPTim said:

Johnny Horton actually. :whistling:

I swear I heard Elvis singing that once. Whoever sung it, that is an annoying song and now it is stuck in my head for the second time today. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NPTim said:

Try his other song, 

That I think was the Second song that got me interested in "music"  The First was "Big Bad John", by Jimmy Dean.  

I never saw a video...I just heard it on the Radidio...and fell in love with music.  6th grade.  New Burg New York.  Stewart AFB.

Anybody remember Paul Anka??  Puppy Love??

I danced with my first love to that one...

Ya'll just ain't got a clue.  Ever had a "Ducks Ass" haircut?.  Part in the middle in the back...Yeah...you were a punk.:anim_lol:

• Like 2

I guess I’m a dork cause the northern lights just don’t impress me anymore. I guess cause I’ve seen them so much. I know people that have never seen them get excited and I shouldn’t **** in their parade of wanting to see them. You should have your passport or passport card or real I’d cause it will make life easier. And by the way welcome to Alaska we welcome good folks such as yourself. We don’t like democRATS. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hook said:

I guess I’m a dork cause the northern lights just don’t impress me anymore. I guess cause I’ve seen them so much. I know people that have never seen them get excited and I shouldn’t **** in their parade of wanting to see them. You should have your passport or passport card or real I’d cause it will make life easier. And by the way welcome to Alaska we welcome good folks such as yourself. We don’t like democRATS. 

After 40 years, I still enjoy the light shows. Listening to owls at night along with howling coyotes and wolves. The sound of waves on the shoreline.

• Like 3