New USPS Express Mail Service

Eric

There's a flock that lives on the property at work. They don't migrate. A well intentioned but hopelessly naive and misinformed employee called the game warden because she believed one of us destroyed one of their nests and eggs despite none of us laying a finger on it.

That call got fish and game out there to see the hundreds on the property, which led to them recommending the department of agriculture get involved, and having the feds pay for it since there is a military base with a runway very nearby. Around 200 were rounded up and hauled off to a food processing plant. That was a couple years ago and the numbers are growing again. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Eric said:

You just wasted a duck joke on Geese. Silly goose.

A swan attacked the neighbor lady of the house I'm working on. He's got a nest at the back of the cove.

They'll **** you up. They get kills infrequently.

• Like 2

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

A swan attacked the neighbor lady of the house I'm working on. He's got a nest at the back of the cove.

They'll **** you up. They get kills infrequently.

I very nearly pulled a gun on a swan once. I was at a zoo with a friend and her 3-year-old son. It didn't like the look of the boy and bagan to charge. For whatever reason, she stopped short of him. I bet I would have made the evening news if I had plugged that swan with a .45-caliber hollowpoint.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Eric said:

I very nearly pulled a gun on a swan once. I was at a zoo with a friend and her 3-year-old son. It didn't like the look of the boy and bagan to charge. For whatever reason, she stopped short of him. I bet I would have made the evening news if I had plugged that swan with a .45-caliber hollowpoint.

Kayakers and canoers run into them sometimes. Very territorial and aggressive. Nothing cute about a modern, not to mention aquatic AND flying Dinosaur with a ten foot wingspan fulla anger.

Edited by MO Fugga
Bigger wings!
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Eric said:

I very nearly pulled a gun on a swan once. I was at a zoo with a friend and her 3-year-old swan. It didn't like the look of the boy and bagan to charge. For whatever reason, she stopped short of him. I bet I would have made the evening news if I had plugged that swan with a .45-caliber hollowpoint.

Why did your friend bring a 3 year old swan to the zoo?

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Eric said:

I very nearly pulled a gun on a swan once. I was at a zoo with a friend and her 3-year-old swan. It didn't like the look of the boy and bagan to charge. For whatever reason, she stopped short of him. I bet I would have made the evening news if I had plugged that swan with a .45-caliber hollowpoint.

They are really assholes.  They use to walk up too my screen door, and peck on the screen.  I'd open the door, and they'd back up a bit.  Just enough for me to get my hands on the hose.  Squirted those hissin buttheads all the way back to the lake.  Then...A friggin gator got the mom on her nest in a neighbors shrub.  I called "Gator George" when I found the body at the end of the lake.  And...that ****** gator, just lookin at me.   A 7 footer.  George, put the Bang Stick on his ass....Haven't had swans ever again on my lake.  They were here for 7 years for that damn gator..."Chicks" every year...

Damnit.

• Like 1

A flock nested right at  a side entrance to our Great Neck Plant.  About 1000 employees.  The warning signs were everywhere closing that entrance to employees.

Some got attacked, but the primary threat was from the Goose **** everywhere including the sidewalks.  A few of broken arms happened due to falls because it was so slippery with Goose ****.

Not my plant!

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

A flock nested right at  a side entrance to our Great Neck Plant.  About 1000 employees.  The warning signs were everywhere closing that entrance to employees.

Some got attacked, but the primary threat was from the Goose **** everywhere including the sidewalks.  A few of broken arms happened due to falls because it was so slippery with Goose ****.

Not my plant!

That's how it was where I worked before the flock was widdled down. The grass was always green, because it was always completely covered with Goose ****.

• Like 1

When my daughter was two, we were at a local park where a lot of geese hang out. There are also some very large white and grey geese there that are more aggressive than the Canada geese. One of the big geese lowered his head, opened his wings, and took two steps in her direction just before the picture was taken by the pond. Then the goose noticed the 120 lb. ball of fur and teeth that was stalking right behind her, just drooling at the chance to grab a bird. The goose changed his mind quickly.

Screenshot_2021-07-20-22-23-09-1.png

Screenshot_2021-07-20-22-25-27-1.png

• Like 2