Black Rifle Coffee gets woke

Silentpoet

I got Starbucks at the airport yesterday, because the poster caught my eye.  I got the Christmas fluffy sparkly spicy/peppermint.  I just pointed to the picture.  She asked if I wanted the whipped cream;  but of course.

It didn't have any sparkles and, with the lid on, was pretty disappointing.  I mentioned it to the girl.  She said, "Yeah.  They don't look like that."

And I'm not sure it even had any coffee in it.

• Haha 2

I started drinking coffee when I was a poor College student working as an orderly in the ER of a local hospital.  Every shift change the Nurses would brew a fresh pot and keep it going the entire shift.  

I had some Keurig Coffee at my Daughter in laws today. She was using the one cup unit and coffee from Meijer Grocery.  I drank it black.  Got to admit, it was better than the Folgers Instant I drink daily.  

• Like 1

At the University of Missouri, they would make coffee in the student union snack bar on the first day of class in a 50 gallon pot.

Through the semester, they just kept adding water and grounds.

Near the bottom, the  coffee was somewhat powerful.  :biggrin:

In the same place were a couple of pinball machines.

First person in each semester put in a dime.

At the end of the semester, the machines all had 25 free games -- all on that first dime.

The distributor kept widening the bumpers and making the tilt more sensitive, but to no avail.

They learned that you cannot make money off of engineering students with a supply of atomic coffee.

:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I started drinking coffee instead of Milk at a very early age.  I don't know why but I absolutely hate the taste of White milk, always have.

My father taught me how to pour the hot coffee into the saucer and sip from the edge of it since it was too hot to drink from the cup. I was so young I don't remember every drinking Milk.

I used to later use a lot of Sugar and Cream in the coffee and have a Cigarette or two with it.  I could skip meals this way so I could do something else that was more important to me than eating.

When my mother was still home, she made Egg Coffee for the church on a wood stove in the basement of the church.  When she was making it, you could smell it to the end of the block. 

It actually made my mouth water.  It was strong without a bite, but the flavor made it taste like you were eating it, not drinking it.  God it was good.  I don't know how to make it and I haven't found any place that knows how to make it right!

• Like 3