Black Rifle Coffee gets woke

Silentpoet

2 hours ago, Historian said:

You seem to drink you're coffee in better places than me.

You should teach me your ways.

In Westminster, California (aka Little Saigon) and in San Jose, California, there are these coffee shops in which the waitresses prance about in bikinis or sexy undies, serving you Vietnamese style coffee or juice drinks (for Nancy boys). 

You get to drink good coffee that puts hair in your chest and ogle skinny oriental chicks with big fake boobs.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not watching 30 minutes of talking heads. Never seen the stuff in the wild, and on line, it looks a bit pricey.  No problem with them making a living, but I don't see the point of the whole thing.

Many companies have gone over to the Dark Side. No way to boycott all of them.

Just another example of not getting too excited over the new guy with a catchy name.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

The day's half over by then.  I need Two O'Clock.

Then you would need Four O'clock as this is Eight O'Clock.

They make a half decaf and regular for people like yourself.

Anyway.  I'm a coffee snob...and I really like this brand and thin for home use it's about as good as it gets.      I have plenty of Black Rifle Company Coffee...and it's ok....but it's also $15 a pound.  

I can get almost four pounds of my regular coffee for that...and since i use about a pound a week....it's a better deal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

In Westminster, California (aka Little Saigon) and in San Jose, California, there are these coffee shops in which the waitresses prance about in bikinis or sexy undies, serving you Vietnamese style coffee or juice drinks (for Nancy boys). 

You get to drink good coffee that puts hair in your chest and ogle skinny oriental chicks with big fake boobs.  

Sounds....wonderful.  :ladysman:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

They also threw Kyle Rittenhouse under the bus for defending himself against murderous thugs.

Some line about leaving it to professionals, Well, jackass, if the professionals had been doing their professional thing he wouldn't have even needed to be there. It was jealousy, plain and simple, they had never in their career done the Kenosha Mile.

Anyway, they make a iced mocha in a can that is pretty smooth and good on a hot day. My brother got me a case of it a few months ago and I enjoyed it.

Most in the company seem to be pretty patriotic, but the top guys seem a little too steeped in military PC culture and a little too willing to back the swamp. I think they saw an opportunity for a company that isn't pissing all over America and went with it. That raised expectations that they were genuine God fearing Americans. But they have gone on record in support of some gun control, against Kyle, and against people that are standing up to ANTIFA. That has to make you question them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, railfancwb said:

I recall my mother buying coffee at a local grocery store (before chains all grocery stores were local) when the coffee was a sack of whole beans on shelves next to a grinder. Open the recloseable top on the sack, pour the beans in a hopper, put the open end of the sack over a spout, set the grind coarseness, punch a button, and quickly have a sack of fresh ground. 

9C88E946-25C0-4F9A-A096-C2C8A89125EC.jpeg

AE4E28E4-4BC3-4308-8B63-DC768F5F115C.jpeg

Oh yeah, a couple of the grocery stores around here used to have those. I don't recall seeing one for a while. I have my own small burr grinder so I like to buy the fresh whole bean and grind it as I need it. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I bought some Death Wish.  I'm no coffee gourmet, but my expert opinion is, "Uuhh.  That doesn't seem right."

Someone gave me a K cup of it at work when I was out. It was ok, but I didn't need a second one

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jfost11 said:

Oh yeah, a couple of the grocery stores around here used to have those. I don't recall seeing one for a while. I have my own small burr grinder so I like to buy the fresh whole bean and grind it as I need it. 

I thought the same thing.  It is likely something that changed in the last 10 years, i guess.

8 O'Clock was the A and P Grocery Store blend...back when we still had an A and P.

Anyway.  I use a camp stove percolator.   Something nice about coffee that way.  Like old diner coffee.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Historian said:

Anyway.  I use a camp stove percolator.   Something nice about coffee that way.  Like old diner coffee.

A kid that used to work with us never drank coffee. Took him to deer camp and he tried it. He said it was the first he ever tried that tasted as good as it smells. I agree. Love a percolator.

• Like 2

Coffee is really interesting.  Was Addicted  to it for a few years, in the 70's...before I learned bout Mountain Dew. 

"CAFFEINE"... Is all it IS AB OUT!!!  The DRUG!!!  :anim_lol:No Red bull BS back in 74. 

I'd do 2, 32 Oz of Mountain Dew...A Day...workin on a linecrew. 

Don't do Caffeine anymore.   Too much of  a rush for my old heart...after 15 years of Decaf.  Don't get me wrong!!  Love the taste of Coffee! Drink it Every Day!!  Just Decaf.  Works fine for me.

• Like 1

I've know Dew junkies.  They seem to need gallons per day.  It's too sweet.  I don't like it.

Never had a red bull.  I once drank a Jolt cola, just to see.  It tasted rank and really almost made my heart explode.

I once saw a guy (late 20's, overweight, frumpy wrinkled used-car-salesman suit) at the quicky mart register.  He put his stuff on the counter and, almost as an afterthought,  grabbed a couple of those little "energy" bottles.  He waited a second and then grabbed a handful more.  He waited a second and then took the whole box.  Another second, and he took the whole unopened box underneath.

I don't know how many of those it takes to make your heart explode.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 7/20/2021 at 8:56 AM, jfost11 said:

If he says the NYT took things out of context, that's plausible. However, I've tried a couple different versions of their coffee a few months ago and wasn't a fan. It seemed like it focused more on image than substance. For that price I choose to buy fresh roasted coffee that i like from a small business less than five minutes away from me.

Mine comes from about 25 miles from me.  Still nice to support your neighbors, not BS.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Historian said:

There is no such thing as over the line coffee.

I was in the Navy.  Our ship coffee was made in a large steam kettle, it cooked from the time it was assembled till the next morning when it was replaced.  They threw a large cloth bag of coffee grounds into the kettle, and it lasted the whole day and night.

In bad weather the coffee would splash in the steam kettle and spill on the mess deck.  It's a good thing I was a figure skater in my youth, or I could have been severely injured.  Aw Hell!  I have to admit that severe weather was a blast in a wooden, 180-foot-long ship that rode up and down the wave instead of spanning two or more waves.  You experienced a couple of Gs in acceleration going up the wave and almost 0 Gs falling off the other side of the wave.

The coffee I drank was burned beyond having a taste.  The oil from being burned floated in big puddles on the surface.  It was so dark black you could use it for paint.  It was so bitter that you had to damn near hold your nose to get it down.  I drank a lot of that liquid asphalt.

I believe I'm an expert on "bad coffee".  

• Like 3