House Judiciary Committee Republicans Urge ATF to Abandon Restrictions on Stabilizing Braces

pipedreams

"House Judiciary Committee GOP members called on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to abandon its proposed restrictions on stabilizing braces, calling its proposed rule a “flagrant effort to restrict Americans’ fundamental Second Amendment rights.”

“We have serious concerns about the attempt by [ATF] to regulate firearms with stabilizing braces. ATF’s regulatory notice is deeply flawed, beyond the scope of its authority, contrary to years of previous ATF opinions, and harmful to millions of law-abiding American firearm owners,” the Republicans said in a letter dated July 16 to ATF’s Acting Director Marvin Richardson.

All 19 GOP committee members—including the committee’s ranking member, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio)—signed the letter."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/house-judiciary-committee-republicans-urge-atf-to-abandon-restrictions-on-stabilizing-braces_3904702.html

"The proposed rule has been published for public notice and comment as required by law. The comment period will end on Sept. 8.

On June 14, Rep. Richard Hudson (R-N.C.) and 140 GOP House Representatives also called on the Department of Justice and ATF to withdraw the rule. Over a week later, 48 Senate Republicans made the same request.

In December, ATF proposed similar guidance on stabilizing braces but abandoned it after receiving over 60,000 comments largely in opposition to the guidance."

You know what? F those bastards. Sure, I'll take my plain Jane AR to the range. But if someone attempts harm to me in my domicile, they're probably gonna see the light from an evil "SBR." 

I hate the ATF more than I hate the FHP. And most of us KNOW how much I hate AAA with a badge and a ticket book. If Law Enforcement had a Special Olympics, those two organizations would be on the podium for every event.

Dog-shooting. Ticket-writing. Revenooin'. Still-bustin'. Bush-hiding.   Yup. F the lot of em.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tadbart said:

You know what? F those bastards. Sure, I'll take my plain Jane AR to the range. But if someone attempts harm to me in my domicile, they're probably gonna see the light from an evil "SBR." 

I hate the ATF more than I hate the FHP. And most of us KNOW how much I hate AAA with a badge and a ticket book. If Law Enforcement had a Special Olympics, those two organizations would be on the podium for every event.

Dog-shooting. Ticket-writing. Revenooin'. Still-bustin'. Bush-hiding.   Yup. F the lot of em.

In the ass.