Dark Theme For Site Feedback

Eric

• Administrators

The updated software has support for the site to offer a light and a dark theme that members can choose between. This was always possible, but it used to be more combersome to make it work. Anyway, some folks have showed an interest in me offering an alternative dark theme, so I've been playing around with one. This is early in its design and there are a lot of changes still to make. I'm curious to see what you all think of it so far though. It won't be as old-eye-friendly, but that won't be a consideration for everyone. I'd be interested in some feedback on it.

DarkTheme.thumb.png.9ddfee6d8427d123d724a521d10489cc.png

• Like 1

I can't figure out how to implement it. In fact, and I don't mean to be complaining while you're struggling to make improvements, I've never really been comfortable with TBS's config settings. For that matter, I had the same issues with The Other Place, so I guess it's more of a vBulletin issue. I admittedly don't make config changes often enough to be real familiar with it, but I think that's going to be the case for most users. I'd like a single page on which I could make all configuration changes. And maybe there is and I just forget about it a lot. :supergrin:

• Administrators
3 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I can't figure out how to implement it. In fact, and I don't mean to be complaining while you're struggling to make improvements, I've never really been comfortable with TBS's config settings. For that matter, I had the same issues with The Other Place, so I guess it's more of a vBulletin issue. I admittedly don't make config changes often enough to be real familiar with it, but I think that's going to be the case for most users. I'd like a single page on which I could make all configuration changes. And maybe there is and I just forget about it a lot. :supergrin:

Umm, that’s just a screenshot from the test site I have on my local computer. It isn’t set up here on the site yet. :biggrin:

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

More like a sphincter in my case.

SO .....

Bottom of the page.

Theme.

CP versus Boresite default.

I prefer the darker page over the light one. I left my sunglasses in the other room.

Actually, the dark theme has not been implemented here yet. The pic above is from the test site on my personal computer. The CP theme is for the control panel and should not have been visible to anyone. I just fixed that. I will be adding the dark theme soon though.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Eric said:

The updated software has support for the site to offer a light and a dark theme that members can choose between. This was always possible, but it used to be more combersome to make it work. Anyway, some folks have showed an interest in me offering an alternative dark theme, so I've been playing around with one. This is early in its design and there are a lot of changes still to make. I'm curious to see what you all think of it so far though. It won't be as old-eye-friendly, but that won't be a consideration for everyone. I'd be interested in some feedback on it.

DarkTheme.thumb.png.9ddfee6d8427d123d724a521d10489cc.png

I am quite firm in my convictions and opinions.  My world is simply "black or white".

When it comes to this site's color themes, I don't give a damn which it is.  Go for less maintanence if it were my choice.

• Administrators

I added the dark theme I am working on to the site. There is a half-moon icon in the top toolbar that will toggle between the two themes. I'll warn you now that the dark theme still needs a lot of work and it will be changing as I work on it, b ut you are welcome to use it, if you like.

• Thanks 2