Disney Cancels Christmas

pipedreams

Disney World has canceled Christmas.

That's OK, we canceled Disney...

"Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, an extremely popular yuletide tradition, is going to be rebranded. Instead, the Magic Kingdom will host a night time show. 

The new "don't call it Christmas" event is called 'Disney Very Merriest After Hours' - a generic, holiday-themed celebration. 

Whoever came up with that idea deserves a lump of coal in their Christmas stocking. 

Disney did not provide an explanation for the change - but in recent days the woke imagineers at the Magic Kingdom have made national headlines by culturally cleansing many popular rides. "

https://townhall.com/columnists/toddstarnes/2021/07/13/disney-cancels-christmas-n2592445

"One angry fan wrote on Facebook. "Disney, I have been your biggest Mouseketeer fan for 46 years but you are losing many of us who actually keep your business going while you try to appeal to critics and the habitually offended. Get it together or just shut down completely, because you will NEVER make those kinds of people happy.""

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can literally SEE Disney's Wide World of Sports from my office. I drive through the property to get to work. But I don't really care if I ever go back to any of the parks.  Between the crowds and the PC bullshit and the covid... nah. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

These are the same people who put a trigger warning on The Swiss Family Robinson because it is culturally insensitive to pirates.  You know because afterall we have to be sensitive to a culture of thieves who are a real thing in life and not fictional characters.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Maser said:

These are the same people who put a trigger warning on The Swiss Family Robinson because it is culturally insensitive to pirates.  You know because afterall we have to be sensitive to a culture of thieves who are a real thing in life and not fictional characters.

Unfortunately we’ve become so sensitive to the culture of thieves that a lot now occupy elective offices. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have you seen the advertisement for their latest movie, "Jungle Cruise."   It is obviously a big promotional tool for a Disney theme ride which will be launched at some point.

Note to Disney execs: Derivative is no substitute for creative.  

• Like 2