Site Upgrade Issues - Please Read

Eric

5 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

LOL, It really sucks. Caused some stress at times, but she is coming around. Telling one thing is not bad, and I have a chance. Change it a time or ten (some folks are really good at that ?), and I'm totally lost and can't remember the first thing. If I can hang on to it long enough to develop long term, I can retain it. 

It makes life "Interesting", for sure.

Sounds as though you have something resembling trauma induced Alzheimer’s 

Everything is working ABSOLUTELY perfect for me. I'm just sittin back, watchin and readin...and doin what I do.  Thank you sir.

You gonna turn MP3-4 uploads back on??? Or that **** just take up alot of bytes on the server?  If that's it...I sure understand.  Just wanted to know.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Sounds as though you have something resembling trauma induced Alzheimer’s 

It that even a thing? Just been around medical for 40 years, never once heard the term, and no mention of anything. The trauma did take a month or so completely. Nasty concussion, but no "Head Injury" in the biblical since.

• Like 2

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Everything is working ABSOLUTELY perfect for me. I'm just sittin back, watchin and readin...and doin what I do.  Thank you sir.

You gonna turn MP3-4 uploads back on??? Or that **** just take up alot of bytes on the server?  If that's it...I sure understand.  Just wanted to know.

I'll get to it soon. Still bigger fish to fry.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

Yea, the Notes Wicket on my phone is pretty extensive. I hate that friggin thing, but it has a function. I do remember to check that, most of the time. Reading something is better than hearing it or even writing it, but hard to jot down everything that we would normally just remember. Some days are better than others. I like the good days.

Still carry around thousands of precalculated drug dosages, but can't remember where we bought the head of lettuce in the sink an hour ago on occasion.

My wife is having that problem now.  although it's not too bad yet, I often tell her, "Please don't forget me".?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

It that even a thing? Just been around medical for 40 years, never once heard the term, and no mention of anything. The trauma did take a month or so completely. Nasty concussion, but no "Head Injury" in the biblical since.

I use to call it "CRS"...Can't remember ****. 

Now days,

I call it..CRAFT. 

"Can't remember a fuckin thing".  It comes as ya get older.

God bless "Stickey Notes".  I LIVE by "Stickey Notes"..."What Ever gets ya thru the night"....:cool:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Was gonna say I liked the New "Thumbs Up" Icon in the Like bar.  I just noticed though, that now that it has changed, A Lot of posts have NO Like Bar to even click on to "Like" or whatever.  Seems to be sporadic, but I see it's missing on Lots of posts in different threads, even new posted threads.  Just FYI.  I was trying to "Like" this thread...No buttons....

image.png.47dc33f25ddee4d328129a9b505ed331.png

36 minutes ago, minderasr said:

The like (etc.) buttons are not showing up for me either.  Nothing appears when I hover my cursor over the old location.

I was able to "Like" on your first post.  When I went to where it Use to be, it came up and I could pick one.  Your second post...It won't come up.  Just blank down there...

• Like 1

I just discovered an issue. I went on the beautiful cars and trucks forum and tried to click "Like" on a picture I saw that 3 other people had liked and was not able to register my like. all I got when I clicked the "Like" icon was a pop-up that said, "see who reacted to this"

1 hour ago, Eric said:

Switch to the dark theme and what is happening will make more sense. I’m aware of the problem. I’ll address it when I’m back in front of a computer. 

The old "White" hand trick...White on white... AND, what makes it harder is it Moves up and down on some posts.  

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Was gonna say I liked the New "Thumbs Up" Icon in the Like bar.  I just noticed though, that now that it has changed, A Lot of posts have NO Like Bar to even click on to "Like" or whatever.  Seems to be sporadic, but I see it's missing on Lots of posts in different threads, even new posted threads.  Just FYI.  I was trying to "Like" this thread...No buttons....

image.png.47dc33f25ddee4d328129a9b505ed331.png

The Like Button problem is fixed.

• Thanks 3

• Administrators

When a new 'Like' button graphic is uploaded, the program uses a set of filters to modify the color on the fly when it displays that graphic as the anchor link for people to click on to react to a post. It an arcane and unnecessarily complicated way of accomplishing this color change and it isn't something that I have any control over, without going into the template structure and changing the formula used to modify the button's color. That is what I had to do. So, there is plenty of contrast between the anchor link Like button and the background in both the light and dark theme now.

• Eric unpinned this topic