Watch Dinesh D’Souza Calls Out Michelle Obama, Says What Few Dare To Say: Her College Thesis From Princeton Was “Illiterate and Incoherent”

pipedreams

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Oh, and here’s what he has to say about Kamala Harris!   No one is talking about her and she is quite accomplished and black.  Just ask her.

Didn’t think she was black until deciding to enter the Democrat Presidential Sweepstakes 

Before that she was Jamaican Asian-Indian. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fnfalman said:

What assumptions?   That they’re racists like white liberals?  Because that’s fact and not assumption.  

White liberals:  poor colored folks.  Why, they can’t just do anything on their own without our help!!!

White conservatives:  poor colored folks. They can’t do anything without Affirmative Action’s help.  

Actually, those are assumptions or generalizations. They may be valid, but unless you exhaustively test, they're assumptions. And I don't think most conservatives believe that folks of poor color "can’t do anything without Affirmative Action’s help", I think a lot of conservatives suspect a lot of folks of poor color use AA to get positions they aren't qualified for, especially folks of the liberal persuasion in Democrat government positions.  However, that's exactly the purpose of AA, to increase minority involvement in professions they'd be unqualified for under traditional qualification methods. (Do women and minorities really get bonus points on PE exams in some states?)

In any case, I seem to have stirred the pot more than I intended. D'Souza didn't say Moochelle got into Princeton via AA. I did. And I really believe it. Read the thesis for yourself. It stands on its merits. And y'all are right, it really doesn't matter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChuteTheMall said:

As long as affirmative action exists, there will be doubts about the qualifications of anyone who might have depended upon it. 

Even if they might have earned their success on their own. Because we can never know.

And you can't call out a black woman's thesis for being illiterate and incoherent without the racists accusing you of racism.

Then convince your white friends to vote away affirmative action.  Hint, it ain’t the colored votes that passed such laws in the first place…or to keep it them on the books.  

• Like 2

Just now, gwalchmai said:

Actually, those are assumptions or generalizations. They may be valid, but unless you exhaustively test, they're assumptions. And I don't think most conservatives believe that folks of poor color "can’t do anything without Affirmative Action’s help", I think a lot of conservatives suspect a lot of folks of poor color use AA to get positions they aren't qualified for, especially folks of the liberal persuasion in Democrat government positions.  However, that's exactly the purpose of AA, to increase minority involvement in professions they'd be unqualified for under traditional qualification methods. (Do women and minorities really get bonus points on PE exams in some states?)

In any case, I seem to have stirred the pot more than I intended. D'Souza didn't say Moochelle got into Princeton via AA. I did. And I really believe it. Read the thesis for yourself. It stands on its merits. And y'all are right, it really doesn't matter.

How do certain groups of colored people use AA to get into positions without the approvals government management  (white majority) or the corporation management (white majority)?

I do not doubt that Mooshell’s undergrad thesis was junk.  But once again, criticizing UNDERGRAD thesis?  Seriously?  There’s a reason why most undergrad degrees or schools don’t require theses and that’s because the undergrad students don’t have the education to form a properly vetted thesis.  Nor are they at the level of expertise that required theses. Like I said, if Dinesh want to criticize Mooshell, then criticize her Harvard law degree or her performance as a lawyer afterward.  

And no Dinesh did not say that Mooshell made it to Princeton under AA.  You did, and I questioned your reason to make such assumptions. Were your assumptions based on her skin color or her gender?  Or you know something else about her background such as low IQ test results or poor high school education performance?

Obviously you don’t have an issue with accepting the educational achievements of Clarence Thomas or Thomas Sowell.  So it’s not the color of her skin…or maybe you think that women get AA treatment because of their gender?

5 hours ago, Fnfalman said:

Show me where M Obama got her degree via affirmative action. Or you guys made that assumption because of her skin color?

If she’s a recipient of affirmative action then what does that make Clarence Thomas’s education and career accomplishments?  How about Thomas Sowell’s?

Uh, it's not the degree, it's the question of her acceptance into Harvard Law in the first place.  She got her JD from Harvard in the late 1980s, when Harvard was very much using affirmative action in determining acceptance of applicants, the same as they did in the early 90s when my husband got his JD from Harvard. There is no way of knowing if she would have gotten accepted under the scale used for white applicants, or if she only got in because she was judged under the lower scale used for blacks.  (And God help you if you are Asian - the scale used for them is so much obviously higher than for anyone else, it is obviously designed to to cut down the number of Asians who would be accepted if the same scale were used for all - there's a massive class action lawsuit going on over it).  Anyway, Thomas Sowell is freaking 90 years old and got all his degrees before there was any affirmative action to "help" him along at all.  What he did was on his actual merits, at best using the same scale for all people regardless of color, and at worst he had to be better than everyone else to qualify for acceptance.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

1) How do certain groups of colored people use AA to get into positions without the approvals government management  (white majority) or the corporation management (white majority)?

2) And no Dinesh did not say that Mooshell made it to Princeton under AA.  You did, and I questioned your reason to make such assumptions. Were your assumptions based on her skin color or her gender?  Or you know something else about her background such as low IQ test results or poor high school education performance?

3) Obviously you don’t have an issue with accepting the educational achievements of Clarence Thomas or Thomas Sowell.  So it’s not the color of her skin…or maybe you think that women get AA treatment because of their gender?

1 - Because liberals (white and black) in positions of power believe that AA can be used to foster "cosmic justice", or that implementing AA can be used for political gain.

2 - Yes, my assumption is based on her color, gender, and political leanings.

3 - Women in America are the greatest beneficiaries of AA preferences. White women in particular.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Uh, it's not the degree, it's the question of her acceptance into Harvard Law in the first place.  She got her JD from Harvard in the late 1980s, when Harvard was very much using affirmative action in determining acceptance of applicants, the same as they did in the early 90s when my husband got his JD from Harvard. There is no way of knowing if she would have gotten accepted under the scale used for white applicants, or if she only got in because she was judged under the lower scale used for blacks.  (And God help you if you are Asian - the scale used for them is so much obviously higher than for anyone else, it is obviously designed to to cut down the number of Asians who would be accepted if the same scale were used for all - there's a massive class action lawsuit going on over it).  Anyway, Thomas Sowell is freaking 90 years old and got all his degrees before there was any affirmative action to "help" him along at all.  What he did was on his actual merits, at best using the same scale for all people regardless of color, and at worst he had to be better than everyone else to qualify for acceptance.  

What were her undergrad GPA and LSAT scores?

If she were to run a 2.0 GPA and a 130 on the LSAT yet got accepted to Harvard law then AA might have reared its head.  

To simply said that she got favored treatment without any sort of proof is pretty much bigotry at best or racism at worse. 

2 hours ago, Fnfalman said:

What assumptions?   That they’re racists like white liberals?  Because that’s fact and not assumption.  

White liberals:  poor colored folks.  Why, they can’t just do anything on their own without our help!!!

White conservatives:  poor colored folks. They can’t do anything without Affirmative Action’s help.  

You are painting all white conservatives with a pretty broad (and inaccurate in my experience) brush there.

What about all the white conservatives who think "Damn, affirmative action sucks because now we can't tll who is actually best qualified for x job, and who isn't, because the same scale isn't used to judge all the applicants, and that's unfair to everyone" and "Damn, affirmative action sucks because the people who get judged under the lower AA scale can never know if they would have made it on their own merits  or not, and it would suck to spend time wondering if I really deserved to be here at X, or if someone better qualified didn't get in because I got judged on a lower scale for entry,"  or "Damn, affirmative action sucks because it is stealing slots from better qualified applicants, reducing productivity by forcing the hiring of lower qualified applicants (which costs the company, which costs get passed on to consumers, thus making everyone's life a little poorer), etc., etc."  

As one of those white conservatives (well, libertarian at this point, but my view on this hasn't changed in years), those "poor colored folk" you speak of are not helped to do anything by Affirmative Action, and are actually harmed by it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fnfalman said:

Then convince your white friends to vote away affirmative action.  Hint, it ain’t the colored votes that passed such laws in the first place…or to keep it them on the books.  

It's democrats and the come in all sizes shapes and colors.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

You are painting all white conservatives with a pretty broad (and inaccurate in my experience) brush there.

What about all the white conservatives who think "Damn, affirmative action sucks because now we can't tll who is actually best qualified for x job, and who isn't, because the same scale isn't used to judge all the applicants, and that's unfair to everyone" and "Damn, affirmative action sucks because the people who get judged under the lower AA scale can never know if they would have made it on their own merits  or not, and it would suck to spend time wondering if I really deserved to be here at X, or if someone better qualified didn't get in because I got judged on a lower scale for entry,"  or "Damn, affirmative action sucks because it is stealing slots from better qualified applicants, reducing productivity by forcing the hiring of lower qualified applicants (which costs the company, which costs get passed on to consumers, thus making everyone's life a little poorer), etc., etc."  

As one of those white conservatives (well, libertarian at this point, but my view on this hasn't changed in years), those "poor colored folk" you speak of are not helped to do anything by Affirmative Action, and are actually harmed by it.

It's been a few years, but anyway I was sitting in a meeting and the person next to me which was an engineer ask a question about some job replacement.  He indicated there were several highly qualified applicants, and the answer was we don't have to pick the most qualified only a qualified person.  And we wonder what is happening to our country!!

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Fnfalman said:

What were her undergrad GPA and LSAT scores?

If she were to run a 2.0 GPA and a 130 on the LSAT yet got accepted to Harvard law then AA might have reared its head.  

To simply said that she got favored treatment without any sort of proof is pretty much bigotry at best or racism at worse. 

That was my second point - AA does a total disservice to the people who qualify for it because neither they nor anyone else can ever know if they actually got where they are on their own merits or only because of the lower scale their "group" is judged by.  The people who would have made it without AA still have to wonder if they would have gotten in/gotten hired, because they are never told whether they made it under the AA standard or the non-AA standard. (And imagine the lawsuits if that info were ever public).   The companies they apply to have to wonder the same thing - even though the person may actually have had THE most qualified, highest ranking qualifications - yet because AA exists, and because it exists the evidence is available showing that a number of people "benefit" from it by gaining acceptance to schools or getting hired for jobs that they would not have qualified for under the non-AA standards.   And even with the statistics available regarding the number of applicants to any school who were accepted due to AA standards, one can only state the likelihood or unlikelihood that a particular person would have been accepted without AA.  he whole thing is a hideous travesty of sense and justice, doing the entire culture a disservice. 

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I despise M. Obama for her politics, and her poor representation of the United States, and her race-baiting.  OTOH, I adore Thomas Sowell because he is brilliant, his books are fabulous, and he has more sense in his little finger than most people do in their entire bodies.  So while I definitely have prejudices (the poor white tweaker trash across the road that can't adapt to good country manners of not letting their damn dogs loose where people have livestock despite having been told multiple times by multiple people their dogs won't make it home when they get caught killing someone's calves or chooksa particularly are at the top of my list) - my prejudices are based on behaviors, rather than colors/genders as long as you understand there are only 2/sexual orientations as long as you don't make me promote your particular kink/religions as long as you don't try to force me to convert to yours/ etc.  Maybe that's wrong of me, but since I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, I at least make a good neighbor.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Fnfalman said:

If she were black, highly educated and conservative…do you still make the same assumptions?

By highly educated you mean she'd already demonstrated her academic capabilities?  And I'd have access to her transcripts? ETA: even so, if she published that thesis I'd definitely make the same assumptions.

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

What about all the white conservatives who think "Damn, affirmative action sucks because now we can't tll who is actually best qualified for x job, and who isn't, because the same scale isn't used to judge all the applicants, and that's unfair to everyone"

Yes, if AA is a boon to society, why don't we have signs like "This bridge was designed by Affirmative Action engineers". 

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Yes, if AA is a boon to society, why don't we have signs like "This bridge was designed by Affirmative Action engineers". 

The biggest problem with AA is it makes a lot of colleges rich and lot of dropouts in debt.  Not all but many are never able to complete there education for a number of reason or if they complete it they have a degree that offers no financial rewards. 

• Like 3

I recall hearing/reading that Obama and Hillary both wrote college papers about Saul Alinsky and his “Rules for Radicals” and those papers were placed off limits to the public.

If this is factual, access to those papers even at this late date would be interesting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

It's been a few years, but anyway I was sitting in a meeting and the person next to me which was an engineer ask a question about some job replacement.  He indicated there were several highly qualified applicants, and the answer was we don't have to pick the most qualified only a qualified person.  And we wonder what is happening to our country!!

My company had a period when the Navy said that if we wanted to do any more business with them, we must hire more women regardless of the lack of applicants. 

We hired a couple that would work for us.  They were competent and qualified, but not in a field that the job required.  We hired them, and were glad to get any females, because we just couldn't get women to work for us, and a few said that our business didn't offer the social interaction they were looking for (in addition to the job itself).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

If a person has an MD, their transcript and AA situation are not hung on the wall beside the degree and licenses. Maybe they should be. 

I had a chest surgeon work on me.  He was just out of school.  His credentials said he was a Doctor.

After my second operation to try to fix the first one, and 2 of four subsequent hernias due to severe infection at the incision site, it turned out that he, "didn't believe in antibiotics...  

He ran and joined a militant org in the North West...................

He was still called, "Doctor".

• Sad 4

10 hours ago, railfancwb said:

If a person has an MD, their transcript and AA situation are not hung on the wall beside the degree and licenses. Maybe they should be. 

To go along with that you never find out how the MD placed in their graduating class.