Psaki Mocked After Announcing Biden’s Plan To Place 500,000 Tesla Charging Stations In ‘Disadvantaged Communities’

pipedreams

Sound like cash for clunkers................

Now who in a disadvantaged community will need a EV charging station!

"White House spokesperson Jen Psaki announced Monday that the Biden administration is drafting plans to place half a million electric vehicle charging stations in “rural and disadvantaged communities,” and also apparently hopes to run fleets of tens of thousands of “electric school buses” in inner cities. The announcement has been met with incredulity and a fair of mockery online."

https://nationalfile.com/psaki-mocked-after-announcing-bidens-plan-to-place-500000-tesla-charging-stations-in-disadvantaged-communities/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The big environmental crisis looming on the horizon will be lithium mining and recycling/disposal of lithium batteries. The powers that be didn’t think this through. Just going for short term profit. 

In a past career I was an electrochemical technician. I designed and built batteries. Lithium is bad stuff. 

Screw em. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I guess one could charge one's Prius while playing night basketball.

Or during a "Peaceful demonstration"....ummm I mean LOOTING

It's true  THE LOONIES ARE IN CHARGE WHERE THE **** DO THEY GET THESE MORONIC IDEAS

3 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

I guess one could charge one's Prius while playing night basketball.

Does a Prius charge the same way - voltage, plug, ground - as a Tesla?

Ate supper at a restaurant on Skyline Drive last week. A two car charging station had two Teslas plugged in. Wonder if taxpayers bought the electricity for them?

13 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Does a Prius charge the same way - voltage, plug, ground - as a Tesla?

Ate supper at a restaurant on Skyline Drive last week. A two car charging station had two Teslas plugged in. Wonder if taxpayers bought the electricity for them?

Don't know about how they charge. I suspect many bidnesses are installing charging stations to attract patrons. Once the new wears off they'll probably start charging for charging.

• Like 1

E-Car drivers are getting pissed. Free charging is going away. Paid charge stations are charging more and extra fees for fast charging. And biggest of all they are starting to get hit with road fees because they don’t pay gas taxes. Many thought they would drive on the roads for free while fuel users would foot the bill. 

2D2E8EA7-0628-4C93-857B-81A8C80D59E7.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

E-Car drivers are getting pissed. Free charging is going away. Paid charge stations are charging more and extra fees for fast charging. And biggest of all they are starting to get hit with road fees because they don’t pay gas taxes. Many thought they would drive on the roads for free while fuel users would foot the bill. 

2D2E8EA7-0628-4C93-857B-81A8C80D59E7.webp 47.71 kB · 1 download

Hahaha!  Cash, grass or a$$, nobody rides for free!

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

The big environmental crisis looming on the horizon will be lithium mining and recycling/disposal of lithium batteries. The powers that be didn’t think this through. Just going for short term profit. 

In a past career I was an electrochemical technician. I designed and built batteries. Lithium is bad stuff. 

Screw em. 

The powers that be never seem to think past the next election. 

• Like 4

Think blizzard. Heavy snowstorm. Even sunny California has those.

Then recall that California is aggressively pushing to eliminate internal combustion vehicles.

Now, it is cold and dark on the road and many vehicles are stranded - some have been for hours. Batteries in those Teslas are dead or dying with no way to charge them and people inside are getting cold - very cold. All the emergency vehicles are also battery powered.

Pretty much the northern half of the lower 48 routinely has serious snow issues as well. Solar cells don’t work very well under a few inches of snow. What about windmills? Will blizzard conditions shut them down… say by covering blades with ice?

• Like 3