US Olympic Hammer Thrower Gwen Berry Turns Her Back to US Flag, Pulls T-Shirt Over Face as National Anthem

pipedreams

They need to boot her ass...............

"Outspoken race activist Gwen Berry took third in the US women’s Olympic hammer throwing trials. Then she turned her back on the US Flag as the National Anthem played during the medal’s ceremony. She said it was “a set-up.” And when the anthem was still playing she pulled her T-shirt up over her head."

D1545850-FC56-47AE-8C89-A923B75E9061.jpe

Gwen is a race activist known for her protests more than her career as an athlete.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I say cut all taxpayer funding to the US Olympic team. Hell, to all sports for that matter. Sportsball is the opiate of the masses and should only be funded by its fans.

I say YOU are 100% right....AND personally, if all of those Cry baby Millionaire "Professional" players were out of a job I'd say  XXXX em 

Bunch of useless A/Holes who can't XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX redacted for fear of being BANNED HERE also... (I GUESS I GET TOO "VOCAL"

• Like 2

Btw, third place ain't first place.  If you look at the WINNER, she's got her hand over her heart and is holding the US flag.

She didn't just win, she set a new national record.  Why are we paying attention to the racist in third?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/onherturf.nbcsports.com/2021/06/26/video-deanna-price-breaks-multiple-records-in-hammer-throw-final/amp/

Edited by Sparks
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Btw, third place ain't first place.  If you look at the WINNER, she's got her hand over her heart and is holding the US flag.

She didn't just win, she set a new national record.  Why are we paying attention to the racist in third?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/onherturf.nbcsports.com/2021/06/26/video-deanna-price-breaks-multiple-records-in-hammer-throw-final/amp/

True, but there should be no place for idiots when representing their country.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I say cut all taxpayer funding to the US Olympic team. Hell, to all sports for that matter. Sportsball is the opiate of the masses and should only be funded by its fans.

That especially should exclude state and local taxes - paid or concessions - used to support construction of sports temples. Let the billionaire owners buy their own play pens. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

We should never have been doing it anyway.

It's a private sector concern.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sparks said:

Nothing like crapping all over your team mates parade.

Ms. Price should have her day in the sun.  She earned it. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

The US Olympic Committee is not supported by tax dollars. They are privately funded through broadcast rights, corporate sponsorships, and donations. 

ETA: So it should be even easier for them to show her ass to the door. 

Edited by jfost11
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

third is last place.

the point of a National Olympic Team is National Unity and Spirit, if you don't have that why are you on the National Team

While i would love to be first place...I'd take third...then again the only hammer i ever threw was about 16 ounces and had a claw for nail removal.

First place throws a weapon of war!

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 1:08 PM, Sparks said:

Stop calling them race activists and just call them what they are: racists.

A more fitting term would be attention whores because that's exactly what they are.  They don't care if the attention they get is positive or negative so long as it keeps them in the news.  No different than people who used to burn the flag in the 60s and 70s. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JMag said:

A lot of mouth for someone who finished third.

And honestly should be thrilled.  Third place!?  You placed...at that level. 

I don't think i ever placed first in anything athletic.  

I was in college when i won my first trophy for anything. Third place in a disc golf tournament.  Man i marveled at that.   Because my entire life i never received  a trophy.

Edited by Historian

10 hours ago, Historian said:

And honestly should be thrilled.  Third place!?  You placed...at that level. 

I don't think i ever placed first in anything athletic.  

I was in college when i won my first trophy for anything. Third place in a disc golf tournament.  Man i marveled at that.   *********Because my entire life i never received  a trophy.

******* YOU grew up in the wrong time, NOW EVERYONE gets a TROPHY

• Haha 1