Low profile light and mount for 590 Shockwave

MO Fugga

Input needed please, as I don't really haunt other boards anymore. You guys know your **** and I trust your judgement, well most of y'ins. I have the Shockwave fore end, and it fits quite snug in my scabbard, so bulk is an issue. Around 500 lumens is ideal. Something relatively flat? MLOK, of course.

Thanks everyone!

3 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Son, I don't understand a word you just said.

He wants a momentary light attached to a shotgun.

Surefire.  I have never had an issue with their lights and I have twenty years of packing them in harms way.

Surefire DSF-870 Dedicated Forend Weapon Light for Remington 870 LED with 2 CR123A Batteries about as good as it gets.

48 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

Don't need a big bad mofo, just one that can do the job. 

Ok, i see what you have there.   Why not replace the fore-end with something from Magpul  that will allow you to mount a surefire or other light.

MAGPUL FOREND MOE 870 - YouTube

Now you can keep your pointy part.   

Personally, being anti-social I like a bayonet on my shotgun.

Never know.  Might have to clear a trench today.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

Yeah, looking for something to mount on the left side of it. Side saddle is on that side, so shouldn't obstruct much if it's small enough. My regular flashlight in a 1" JetMount won't fit.

20210624_202158.jpg

Edited by MO Fugga

13 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

Yeah, looking for something to mount on the left side of it. Side saddle is on that side, so shouldn't obstruct much if it's small enough. My regular flashlight in a 1" JetMount won't fit.

What the hell man.  Normandy was in June of 1944.

That sucker looks like it's ready to engage the Germans with a vertical envelopment. 

Yeah.  I'd find some kind of Magpul system that would allow you to mount our light.   

This is a GG&G Remington 870 Tactical Forearm Flashlight Mount..   You must have to see if it fits a 500 lumen...but I'm certain there is one.

I like this one enough i might replace the one i have...one i got from Brownells that fits a one inch flashlight.   Built like a Stacy Abrams...solid. Inmovible. 

GG&G Remington 870 Tactical Forearm Flashlight Mount | eBay

2 minutes ago, Historian said:

What the hell man.  Normandy was in June of 1944.

That sucker looks like it's ready to engage the Germans with a vertical envelopment. 

Yeah.  I'd find some kind of Magpul system that would allow you to mount our light.   

This is a GG&G Remington 870 Tactical Forearm Flashlight Mount..   You must have to see if it fits a 500 lumen...but I'm certain there is one.

I like this one enough i might replace the one i have...one i got from Brownells that fits a one inch flashlight.   Built like a Stacy Abrams...solid. Inmovible. 

GG&G Remington 870 Tactical Forearm Flashlight Mount | eBay

Wow. I got an email from them today for that exact product.

13 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

Fore-end on an 870 is easy to replace...that might be the ticket.

That sucker is mounted flush...and that's a good thing.  You want light to be as close to the center of your barrel as possible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Historian said:

Fore-end on an 870 is easy to replace...that might be the ticket.

That sucker is mounted flush...and that's a good thing.  You want light to be as close to the center of your barrel as possible.

It's not difficult to replace the fore end. Might be the ticket, but I hate change. Total package functionality trumps current gear.

Edited by MO Fugga

25 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

So i know that pressure swith...and it's basically stuck on there.

My solution to it not sticking was very quick.   

My wife has long chestnut brown hair...more like a mane....i took one her black hair ties and put it right down the center of that switch.

Never moved again.

• Like 2

i`m rocking the Streamlight Racker on my 500 and works great you can add a snatch strap to it.

https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/tl-racker

arisaka and Daniel defense make some great low profile mlok mounts for any light.

my AR is rocking the Olight Odin it has a mount and pressure switch and is rechargeable in one package.

https://www.olightstore.com/odin-black.html

its 2,000 lumes and the mount can be removed and use any low pro mount you like forward, offset or drop.

it will illuminate your target and you will definitely identify it within shotgun range with 2000 lumes.

it comes in a mini version thats 1250 lume and same mount style.

cant beat the Surefire Scout series but they are somewhat over priced but overbuilt and adaptable, but also outdated by todays lights.

56 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

ammo is really expensive so if i can Lightsaber them instead its financially responsible

I did have an ok green laser mounted on top a few years ago. It's a nogo. Relegated to pocket duty and herding (sometimes blinding) domestic critters. Getting rid of the top rail pronto.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MO Fugga said:

I did have an ok green laser mounted on top a few years ago. It's a nogo. Relegated to pocket duty and herding (sometimes blinding) domestic critters. Getting rid of the top rail pronto.

I had a laser on a G26...it was nice but it caused me issues looking for that front site on the pistol.