Bumblebees

DrB

Got nailed by one today. Right in the web of my litttle finger..  I have been stung/bitten by all kind of wasps, bees and hornets through the years but this one is one of the worst so far that I remember.  At first it was just a sharp hot pain that went away after about 10 minutes. Didn't think anything about it until about 4 hours later when I came back to the house.  I notticed my hand had swelled up and the itchy pain started.   Kinda feels like I have poison ivy and someone hit my hand with a hammer.  Fun times.....

Always wondered what a Bumblee sting would feel like.  Now I know.. Dave..

• Sad 2

• Administrators

I once had a bumblebee fly in front of the muzzle of my Kimber at the range, just as I fired. The little guy just disintegrated.  There was nothing I could do to stop it. The trigger was already pulled as he crossed in front of the muzzle. That was probably a quick way to go though. He was only a bit larger than the 230gr bullet. 

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

Well, the only witness ain’t talking.

You could make a plea of insanity though.  I mean you did buy a Kimber.  You gotta be insane to spend that kind of money on a handgun. ;)

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Maser said:

You could make a plea of insanity though.  I mean you did buy a Kimber.  You gotta be insane to spend that kind of money on a handgun. ;)

I’ve got way north of 20k rounds through that gun and it is still a tack driver. Anyway, how many bees have you managed to hit with your peashooter? :biggrin:

• Haha 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

that probably wasn't the one that got DocB

Yeah, but the one that got him might have been out for blood because someone blew away his favorite uncle. It’s a small world. 

• Haha 1

• Administrators

I was riding my motorcycle once when I got hit in the chest by a huge bumblebee. I was wearing a thick leather jacket, but it was unzipped a few inches and the bee hit right in that gap. I was going around 80mph. That hurt like hell. I think I would have rather been stung. I didn’t get stung then though. If that bumblebee’s stinger came into intact me, it hit me backwards, after traveling through the length of that poor little bastard’s body. What a mess. 

10 minutes ago, Eric said:

I’ve got way north of 20k rounds through that gun and it is still a tack driver. Anyway, how many bees have you managed to hit with your peashooter? :biggrin:

Can't say that I remember killing any bumblebees, but I did manage to make a rather interesting kill of a bird while I was dirtbiking.  I normally don't ride my dirkbike all that fast because I'm mainly into hill climbing and not motoX.  Anyways, long story short I decided to ride at the top of 6th gear on a very long straight dirt road and a bird flew in front of me and the visor on my helmet acted as a guillotine and cut the bird clean in half.  Blood and feathers were stuck to my goggles and I had to make an unscheduled stop.  Let's have a moment of silence for both halves of the unknown bird who never made it home to it's nest. 

• Sad 1

Well...Tonight, I completely Vaporized a fly...A Blue fly actually...with my new... "Salt Shotgun".  Blew his ass...into the corner of the window...and he just... "Stuck".  DRT.  Dead right there.  Flys are "soft body". 

Shot a geco in the ass a couple days ago with the same "Salt shotgun"...

fcuker turned around and looked at me like..."Are you serious dude"...Walked off all "insulted" and siht...

Damn sure works for Flies though!  :anim_lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Well...Tonight, I completely Vaporized a fly...A Blue fly actually...with my new... "Salt Shotgun".  Blew his ass...into the corner of the window...and he just... "Stuck".  DRT.  Dead right there.  Flys are "soft body". 

fcuker turned around and looked at me like..."Are you serious dude"...Walked off all "insulted" and siht...

I fired one of those at a big Wolf Spider and the ****** charged me. Luckily, I had a foot handy to stomp his dumb ass with. I wish I had been wearing shoes. That squishy feeling is gross. 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Eric said:

I once had a bumblebee fly in front of the muzzle of my Kimber at the range, just as I fired. The little guy just disintegrated.  There was nothing I could do to stop it. The trigger was already pulled as he crossed in front of the muzzle. That was probably a quick way to go though. He was only a bit larger than the 230gr bullet. 

bd.gif.28b62b496880fb682682fa811f650e69.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Maser said:

Can't say that I remember killing any bumblebees, but I did manage to make a rather interesting kill of a bird while I was dirtbiking.  I normally don't ride my dirkbike all that fast because I'm mainly into hill climbing and not motoX.  Anyways, long story short I decided to ride at the top of 6th gear on a very long straight dirt road and a bird flew in front of me and the visor on my helmet acted as a guillotine and cut the bird clean in half.  Blood and feathers were stuck to my goggles and I had to make an unscheduled stop.  Let's have a moment of silence for both halves of the unknown bird who never made it home to it's nest. 

Turkey flew out of a roadside ditch in front of me as I was riding my Vespa on a country road. Fortunately for both of us we didn’t collide. 

6 minutes ago, Eric said:

I fired one of those at a big Wolf Spider and the ****er charged me. Luckily, I had a foot handy to stomp his dumb ass with. I wish I had been wearing shoes. That squishy feeling is gross. 

Yup.  Told my buddy that gave it to me..."It's for FLIES"...FLIES.  "Wolf Spiders...Banana Spiders"... Re read the directions.  I learned not  to shoot at wasps either...

9 minutes ago, Eric said:

I fired one of those at a big Wolf Spider and the ****** charged me. Luckily, I had a foot handy to stomp his dumb ass with. I wish I had been wearing shoes. That squishy feeling is gross. 

They like my garage. I don't touch them. Disgusting huge ass mofos!

image.png.1e770ed56d0104c41f04e63206cfb583.png

• Like 2

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, crockett said:

They like my garage. I don't touch them. Disgusting huge ass mofos!

image.png.1e770ed56d0104c41f04e63206cfb583.png

You ought to feel one squash under your bare foot. Really gross, though I suppose it’s worse for him. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Got one of those salt shotguns. They don’t kill carpenter bees unfortunately, which is what I bought it for. 

16 minutes ago, Eric said:

I was riding my motorcycle once when I got hit in the chest by a huge bumblebee. I was wearing a thick leather jacket, but it was unzipped a few inches and the bee hit right in that gap. I was going around 80mph. That hurt like hell. I think I would have rather been stung. I didn’t get stung then though. If that bumblebee’s stinger came into intact me, it hit me backwards, after traveling through the length of that poor little bastard’s body. What a mess. 

As a teenager in pre-helmet days I was riding the Vespa I had at the time along a neighborhood street. Felt something hit my head, figured a bird had bombed me, and ran my hand through my hair to confirm the damage. Brought my hand back and a very angry wasp was giving the back of it what for. It wasn’t a bird bomb that hit! The entire hand swelled to resemble a catchers mitt. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Eric said:

I fired one of those at a big Wolf Spider and the ****er charged me. Luckily, I had a foot handy to stomp his dumb ass with. I wish I had been wearing shoes. That squishy feeling is gross. 

In my house we have both black widows and wolf spiders.  The widows are pretty boring and just hang out in their webs.  The wolf spiders on the other hand are so cool to watch as they roam around.  In case you don't know a wolf spider got it's name because it doesn't build webs, but rather pounces on it's prey like a wolf.  Here's one wandering around my bathroom.

If you're wondering about the goofy voice I'm making it's me doing my lame Queen Spider impression from South Park.

• Like 2

• Administrators
Just now, railfancwb said:

Got one of those salt shotguns. They don’t kill carpenter bees unfortunately, which is what I bought it for. 

As a teenager in pre-helmet days I was riding the Vespa I had at the time along a neighborhood street. Felt something hit my head, figured a bird had bombed me, and ran my hand through my hair to confirm the damage. Brought my hand back and a very angry wasp was giving the back of it what for. It wasn’t a bird bomb that hit! The entire hand swelled to resemble a catchers mitt. 

Yeah, I’m a big fan of full face helmets. I’ve been hit by many things, including a bird to the head. A wasp wouldn’t be any fun, nor would trying to ride with a swollen paw. That sucks.

A full face helmet did bite me in the ass once. I went on a ride and I was just entering the freeway, when a largish spider crawled out of the padding, onto the inside of the face mask. I do not have a happy history with spiders and I’m not sure how I got the bike pulled to the shoulder without dumping it.

• Like 1