Killdozer

Maser

Killdozer was a simple physics lesson, he had more physics than anything else in town. When he lost the ability to control the machine it was over.

I wonder how far he would have gone if he had armored the trans lines.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fog said:

Killdozer was a simple physics lesson, he had more physics than anything else in town. When he lost the ability to control the machine it was over.

I wonder how far he would have gone if he had armored the trans lines.

I'm pretty sure what caused the dozer to fail was the radiator hose either fell off or got destroyed from all the debris and thus blew the engine.  Heemeyer was not just some nutcase who did this on the spur of the moment.  He was a very competent man who planned this for a year and a half.  The government fears people like him who have a plan.  Hence why when the dozer was scrapped, they made sure the part were scattered to many different junkyards in fear of someone else with a plan putting it back together again.  It's also worth noting that there were no cop or civilian casualties during the rampage.  The only death was Heemeyer. 

• Like 1

I remember hearing about the IRS thing. 

I wonder if any progress has been made in designing buildings to better withstand impacts from a plane. I know the force involved is very high, but we can make buildings that better withstand bombs, earthquakes, tornados, even walls of water. 

On 6/7/2021 at 12:20 AM, Fog said:

I remember hearing about the IRS thing. 

I wonder if any progress has been made in designing buildings to better withstand impacts from a plane. I know the force involved is very high, but we can make buildings that better withstand bombs, earthquakes, tornados, even walls of water. 

Concrete walls instead of glass windows would help. Especially important for government office buildings. 

11 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Concrete walls instead of glass windows would help. Especially important for government office buildings. 

I had this talk with senior county management where i live and explained how security was a afterthought to them in regards to a new court house.

They did it their way anyway.   Zero buy in.

Now they are looking to rent government owned buildings (sections of them) to the public.   On floor might be a coffee shop, the second floor codes, fourth floor apartments, six floor tag agency (just examples).

Yeah. No concern for safety.