Biden’s ‘Gas Tax’ Is a Pain at the Pump

pipedreams

"President Joe Biden has said that he wants to eliminate American fossil fuels over the next 15 years. He’s doing his best to keep that promise, starting with his cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline. (How deranged does that seem today?) A few weeks later, he stopped oil and gas drilling on federal lands. We have some $30 trillion to $50 trillion of energy resources underneath federal lands and federal waters.

Make no mistake: this 84-cent-per-gallon price hike is a highly regressive “tax” on motorists, just as lower gas prices during the Trump administration were the equivalent of a tax cut for consumers. I doubt that billionaire Democratic donors such as Mike Bloomberg, Tom Steyer, or Bill and Melinda Gates, who are significant financial supporters of the war on fossil fuels, care much that gas prices are rising."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/bidens-gas-tax-is-a-pain-at-the-pump_3829946.html

"Fast-forward four decades, and for the first time in my life, we had a president, Donald Trump, who made America energy-independent again. In the last week of December 2020, the United States imported zero oil from Saudi Arabia. Hooray!

Most amazingly, Biden still has a straight face while saying that no one with an income of less than $400,000 a year will pay higher taxes under his economic plan."

Edited by pipedreams
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

Most amazingly, Biden still has a straight face while saying that no one with an income of less than $400,000 a year will pay higher taxes under his economic plan."

Even Before his sunset episode began Biden was not a brilliant man.  At best, he memorized and spouted a bunch of catch phrases and platitudes.  But, his destruction of American energy independence is a play right of the playbook of foreign interests seeking to undermine us.  I doubt that he is even bright enough to understand the effects of what he is doing.  But, if he did, I doubt that he'd care (as long as he enriches himself). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2