Majority Say Violent Crime in the U.S. Getting ‘Worse,’ Half Doubt Biden Can Handle It

pipedreams

"A majority of U.S. likely voters believe violent crime in the United States is getting “worse,” and half doubt President Biden’s ability to handle it, a Rasmussen Reports survey released Friday found.

Respondents were asked, “Is the problem of violent crime in America getting better or worse?”

The vast majority, 65 percent, said violent crime in America is getting “worse,” followed by 22 percent who said it is “staying about the same,” 10 percent who said “better,” and 3 percent who remain unsure. A majority across party lines hold this same view, with 72 percent of Republicans, 65 percent of independents, and 59 percent of Democrats agreeing violent crime is getting “worse” in the country."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/29/survey-majority-say-violent-crime-in-the-u-s-getting-worse-half-doubt-biden-can-handle-it/

• Like 1

Well, it is Joe and the Ho's problem and not addressing it makes them accountable.

They didn't make it, at east Joe didn't, but his party is waving the SJ flag at every chance. Vilifying police and allowing certain groups to run ramshot.

Time to wake up. People are too worried they are Dem, Rep, White, Black, or what ever to worry they are Americans and need to start acting like it.

• Like 3

Well, I understand the perception, but is it matched with the reality?

Sometimes we perceive things are getting worse (or better), but the reality doesn’t match up to that.

Is violent crime really getting worse?  What do the statistics show?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jame said:

Well, I understand the perception, but is it matched with the reality?

Sometimes we perceive things are getting worse (or better), but the reality doesn’t match up to that.

Is violent crime really getting worse?  What do the statistics show?

agreed.

The majority of what people know or think they know is the information provided to them by the mainstream media, and even when it's factually true it typically has a major slant to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gwalchmai said:

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

It means exactly what I said. If you refuse to condemn the actions, or in the case of the Ho (and maybe Biden), encourage and enable, then you are party to the problem and therefore guilty of it as well. Harris has actively participated by funding bail and who knows what else.

Democrats don't go to jail, and don't have to answer for their actions. It is past time for that to stop.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 6:05 PM, pipedreams said:

"A majority of U.S. likely voters believe violent crime in the United States is getting “worse,” and half doubt President Biden’s ability to handle it, a Rasmussen Reports survey released Friday found.

Respondents were asked, “Is the problem of violent crime in America getting better or worse?”

The vast majority, 65 percent, said violent crime in America is getting “worse,” followed by 22 percent who said it is “staying about the same,” 10 percent who said “better,” and 3 percent who remain unsure. A majority across party lines hold this same view, with 72 percent of Republicans, 65 percent of independents, and 59 percent of Democrats agreeing violent crime is getting “worse” in the country."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/29/survey-majority-say-violent-crime-in-the-u-s-getting-worse-half-doubt-biden-can-handle-it/

In a land run by persons who got their jobs by, graft, fraud and deception, why would you think crime wouldn't flourish?

• Like 2

On 5/30/2021 at 1:26 AM, Cougar_ml said:

agreed.

The majority of what people know or think they know is the information provided to them by the mainstream media, and even when it's factually true it typically has a major slant to it.

I live near Minneapolis!

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

It means exactly what I said. If you refuse to condemn the actions, or in the case of the Ho (and maybe Biden), encourage and enable, then you are party to the problem and therefore guilty of it as well. Harris has actively participated by funding bail and who knows what else.

Democrats don't go to jail, and don't have to answer for their actions. It is past time for that to stop.

Gotta disagree with your terms, amigo. "Accountable" or "responsible" imply they're obligated to correct the problems they create and will do so. Joe and DaHo are no more "accountable" for their actions than the uninsured skank who ran into my little car. Consequences are somebody else's problem.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Gotta disagree with your terms, amigo. "Accountable" or "responsible" imply they're obligated to correct the problems they create and will do so. Joe and DaHo are no more "accountable" for their actions than the uninsured skank who ran into my little car. Consequences are somebody else's problem.

You can disagree all you like. The bold is in no way part of the definition of any of these three. Yes, I am certain you will go on a Vision Quest to find Webster incorrect. Have fun. 

Responsible, accountable, or answerable (reference for the Dictionary site) have no obligation of correction, or willingness to do so.

Responsible

Answerable

Accountable

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LostinTexas said:

You can disagree all you like. The bold is in no way part of the definition of any of these three. Yes, I am certain you will go on a Vision Quest to find Webster incorrect. Have fun. 

Responsible, accountable, or answerable (reference for the Dictionary site) have no obligation of correction, or willingness to do so.

Responsible

Answerable

Accountable

No quest needed. No one's accountable if they don't pay for their misdeeds. They're just "to blame".

“I Will Fear No Evil” is not generally considered to be one of Robert A Heinlein’s better novels. But he anticipated that certain areas in cities would become “forbidden areas” where average citizens feared to venture. That seems to be happening, like it or not. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

At what point, if any, will withdrawal of policing from certain neighborhoods allow crime to reach a crescendo such that inhabitants of those neighborhoods cry for policing to return? 

You ever read Dune? There was a point where the Baron instigated a reign of terror on Arrakis so that Feyd Rautha could come to the rescue of the Fremen and be their savior. In this case the BLM is playing the role of Beast Raban and DaHo or some similar liberal nonsense will be the savior.

• Like 2

yes, Violent Crime is on the rise starting at the top.

Democrats are allowing crime to not only go unpunished but in some cases the Family of Criminals are profiting Millions of Dollars from it.

trying to Hamstring Law Enforcement, removing cash Bail and not Prosecuting Criminals for what are portrayed as Minor Crimes but are in fact Violent Felonies is making people who live in Cities arm themselves on a daily basis.

Carry Permits have gone through the Roof here. my ex-Liberal neighbor just asked me to help her pick out a gun and holster after she gets her`s.

trying to remove ones Right to Self Defense and allowing Attacks on one Race or Religion while condemning others is pushing Americans to a Breaking point.

Democrats fan the Flames of riots and looting and cheer and help bail out the ones leading the Riots while trying to subdue the rest of us with Masks and Infection scares to win Elections, then they reward the looters and Rioters with a say in how the Laws should be applied...

20% of Firearm sales in the past 12 months were to First time buyers, most were hi-cap Handguns and "Assault weapons" there is a reason for that.

i live outside Milwaukee we have a huge influx of people moving here and racine and Kenosha from Chicago and Minneapolis to get out of the Crime ridden cities, Milwaukee`s crime rate is up 96% and that is one of the lowest rates for any Blue run City.

average people see whats happening and who is pushing for this to happen.

President BidenHarris isn't incapable of fixing it, they created it and are using it to push an agenda.

• Like 2