Yellowstone ! (tv show)

Huaco Kid

On 12/23/2021 at 10:22 AM, minderasr said:

Anyone watching the prequel, "1883"?

I watched (most of?) the first episode,  and really like some of the actors,  and it was wild-west enough...

but I have no time for a new series.  Maybe I'll catch up 5 years from now.  It's right behind SOA and GOT.

I noticed that that prison-town show seems to have sputtered out pdq.

I worked in a quarry, in San Antonio last week,  that was established in 1880.  I thought the coolness factor of that was right up there.

It's a pretty freakin' big hole now,  but probably started with a handfull of dustbusters, with picks and shovels.

Maybe some Chinamen.  With dynamite.

I've done the Indian "medicine",  in the high desert.

It might have gone religious,  or prophetic, I don't remember,  but it mostly ended with being naked in the desert.  At 28°.

And your friend would walk out of the long, long sunrise shadows, like a premonition,  and say, "Dude.  Where's your clothes?"

"I don't know.  Where's yours?"

"I don't know."

I've noticed a severe up-tick in urban cowboys hats.

In TX or WY? eh.  Whatever.

But Cleveland and Toledo?  Everyone is struttin' a hat now.

The Atlanta airport?

They had to clean out all of the Duck Dynasty and Sons of Anarchy crap from their closets,  to fit in the hats, boots, and vests.

• Haha 3

Best scenes have been in the bunkhouse and corral. The kid playing poker for the first time. Rip with his anti-poker face, giving away the kid’s hands. Then Jimmy showing up and the resulting Donnybrook. The cowboys are, just about all of them, are my favorite characters, and Teeter, what comes out of her mouth is ******* hilarious.

• Like 1