Happy Memorial Day weekend

crockett

I hope you all are up to some AMERICAN parades, events, beach and / or BBQ time!

Never forget those who fought for our freedom and liberty, especially these days, because the Dems throw it all away for a little fake safety and the ultimate power grab over The People.

Feel free to post photos from your Memorial Day weekend!

Memorial Day tradition of placing flags on veterans' graves canceled due to  coronavirus – Daily News

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I don't need a specific day to honor those who gave it all for my freedoms that I sometimes take for granted.  I honor them every day/night during my prayers.  And yea, I'm 31 and still say my prayers like I did as a little kid. :D

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Maser said:

I don't need a specific day to honor those who gave it all for my freedoms that I sometimes take for granted.  I honor them every day/night during my prayers.  And yea, I'm 31 and still say my prayers like I did as a little kid. :D

I'm more than double your age and still pray every night and then some. tom.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tadbart said:

Anyone who is offended by this is welcome to go there the day before Memorial Day and protest.

I suggest that anyone offended by that is welcome to volunteer to serve on a ship, in an aircraft, in  a swamp or desert with other folk shooting at them.

If they're lucky, they survive.

If not, they are honored and never forgotten.

Edited by tous
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, tadbart said:

Anyone who is offended by this is welcome to go there the day before Memorial Day and protest.

A good reason to go to CHIC FIL not just on MEMORIAL DAY but any other day also...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to the 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) for this portrait of the Riderless Horse.

d182dbaba31579a1.jpg

The Riderless Horse: one of the oldest and most moving military traditions in a full honor funeral is the riderless, caparisoned horse.
The horse is led behind the caisson wearing an empty saddle with the rider’s boots reversed in the stirrups, indicating the warrior will never ride again.

Edited by pipedreams
  • Thanks 4