John Cena CHina Apology

M&P15T

I have never heard of him, either.

He is simply following the inviolate rule that all Americans must prostrate themselves before the CCP altar and humiliate themselves in front of the largest possible audience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hollywood caters to the Chinese market

The majority of Americans probably have no idea when they buy a ticket to the latest blockbuster that the film they’re about to see was either partially financed by China or altered because of it.

In the last several years, there hasn’t been a more powerful influence over Hollywood than the communist regime—and with Chinese ticket sales set to overtake the U.S., the situation is only going to get worse.

There’s a sinister side to all of this, which is that the more Hollywood relies on China’s market to make movies, the more those movies are going to cater to the country’s demands.

“Hollywood does all kinds of things to make sure they have a slice of the Chinese pie,” he told listeners on “Washington Watch.” “And they’re quite open about it. They don’t hide it. They’re quite happy to submit to the censorship of the Chinese Communist Party.”

“It goes something like this,” he explained. “In order for the U.S. film to crack the Chinese market, certain themes cannot be portrayed, certain products must be taken out, and certain speech must be limited.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/06/14/the-connection-between-hollywood-and-china/

• Sad 1

Given that being canceled out - whether the reasoning is sound or not - is more prevalent in the industry these days (Gina Carino, anyone?  How about Jeremy Roenick for making a lighthearted joke?), I can see that even if it seems simpering and sycophantic, you can't fault the man for covering his ass.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

I can see that even if it seems simpering and sycophantic, you can't fault the man for covering his ass.

He placed himself into a no win scenario with his statement about Taiwan.  Once he did that, he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

A number of high profile people flushed their careers on principle, never to be heard from again.  He worked hard to get where he is.  There's no point in destroying his career by not proffering the apology required by his masters.  But, that apology also damaged his career. 

I made it though a career in uber liberal silicon valley by keeping my mouth shut about politics.  I imagine the savvy show business people do the same.  

• Like 1