What is it for $1000.00, Alex?

xromad

I found this on the side of road Monday. I cleaned it up with steel/brass brushes on a Dremel, and cleaned out the hole with a punch and hammer.

It's Ferro Magnetic, and the left end looks like a fracture face.  Other than that, we're stumped.  Anyone know what this is??

PS: I'm asking about the thing above the gray thing. I think that's a ruler. :)

Found on the side of the road - Copy.jpg

Edited by xromad

That's a pin, X. You lock it down by inserting a tenon into that slot. What the pin secures, I can't tell ya. Maybe it's s'posed to secure a ballot box somewhere...

What's that red thing at the top? Looks like part of a shell feeder.

Edited by gwalchmai
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, xromad said:

I found this on the side of road Monday. I cleaned it up with steel/brass brushes on a Dremel, and cleaned out the hole with a punch and hammer.

It's Ferro Magnetic, and the left end looks like a fracture face.  Other than that, we're stumped.  Anyone know what this is??

PS: I'm asking about the thing above the gray thing. I think that's a ruler. :)

Found on the side of the road - Copy.jpg

Since we are on the LEE bash-wagon by now, that pin could be a LEE case locator pin, if they would have a proper shell plate. The size matches LEE's tolerances quite well.

10 hours ago, crockett said:

Since we are on the LEE bash-wagon by now, that pin could be a LEE case locator pin, if they would have a proper shell plate. The size matches LEE's tolerances quite well.

Who said "Throw me that yardstick. I gotta set my points." ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Who said "Throw me that yardstick. I gotta set my points." ?

I knew a guy that actually knew how to use a roofer's square.

(He was building a garage)

I watched him for a while,  and still never got it. 

Give him the flat pencil.  Swish, swish, swish.

"Cut here. Cut here. Cut here. Cut here. Cut here. Cut here."

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MO Fugga said:

It's for concrete pans. How they lock the forms together. Uses a longer wedge shape for the slot. It could be an older one, as they use 2 of the same these days.

Yup.  I still don't quite get how it goes, but it's for concrete forms. I'm surprised how rough it is though, can't hardly believe that it corroded that much. Fortunately, I have access to a complete Metallurgical Lab, and a Metallurgist, so I'm going get it cut, mounted, and take a look at it that way.  :)

The "red" thing is a piece from a VersaTrak gearbox from my old Pontiac Aztek.  I had to replace the box so I got the old one and took it apart. (surprisingly small amount of pieces in it).

• Like 1