And another thing...

theglock

(Just a thread with misc thoughts to think or comment)

Why is it that if I buy a stock today for ten dollars, then the market value/stock price climbs to three hundred dollars next year, I pay no tax on that unrealized gain until/unless I sell the stock?

But if I buy a house today for $100K, then the market/assessed value climbs to $300K next year, my annual property tax immediately rises to accommodate that unrealized gain?

Hmmmm....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, theglock said:

(Just a thread with misc thoughts to think or comment)

Why is it that if I buy a stock today for ten dollars, then the market value/stock price climbs to three hundred dollars next year, I pay no tax on that unrealized gain until/unless I sell the stock?

But if I buy a house today for $100K, then the market/assessed value climbs to $300K next year, my annual property tax immediately rises to accommodate that unrealized gain?

Hmmmm....

Some locations would, if they learned about the stock, assess a personal property tax on it

In this world you have to focus on being the wolf yourself and take more from the system and others than what you give them. You won't change the system, let alone with so many beta male sheep voting for the Dems which will even more so regulated your rights away and tax you till nothing is left.

90% of all people have a pretty low IQ and follow every fool around. Be smart, do what they don't do.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 4

On 5/27/2021 at 4:33 PM, crockett said:

In this world you have to focus on being the wolf yourself and take more from the system and others than what you give them. You won't change the system, let alone with so many beta male sheep voting for the Dems which will even more so regulated your rights away and tax you till nothing is left.

90% of all people have a pretty low IQ and follow every fool around. Be smart, do what they don't do.

90%  WOW  That low?  My system is wattage,  Low IQ 4 watt (night light) High IQ 100 watts (Spotlight), so 1/2 would be around 50 watts ?? So I figure that during any particular day 1/2 the people I come in contact with  are less than 50 watts...

Where did I go wrong?

Edited by DAKA

12 minutes ago, theglock said:

Why are Al Sharpton and BLM not protesting the "mass shooting" in Miami-Dade?

Because even they realize that a few less feral Haitians running around down in that shithole is a good thing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DAKA said:

90%  WOW  That low?  My system is wattage,  Low IQ 4 watt (night light) High IQ 100 watts (Spotlight), so 1/2 would be around 50 watts ?? So I figure that during any particular day 1/2 the people I come in contact with  are less than 50 watts...

Where did I go wrong?

It's my analogy from day trading and watching beginners for 28 years by now. General rule is, out of all new day traders, 90% lose 90% of their budget within 90 days, because they act based on emotions rather than logic. Emotions like "get rich fast" ideologies, buying into position out of greed, selling out of fear, and, they tend to follow successful traders by trying to clone their entries and exits. New day traders come from all walks of life and cultural backgrounds, so I consider them a decent and matching sampling size.

Obviously, as a successful day trader you have to be (your own) leader and not a follower, and you have to remove your emotions entirely. Most human beings are not leaders but followers, and most follow and act based on how they feel about things. Both will prevent them from being truly successful.

We call those day trading followers dumb money sheep. They all march right into the slaughterhouse these days. They make an initial win if they are lucky, become greedy, give all their wins back, and nuke their account to top it off. But they bring in the liquidity that we need to make profits. Same thing with your average voter. Easily manipulated by playing with their emotions, while they totally ignore the facts, reality and logic.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2

The vast collections at the Smithsonian and the Library of Congress unequivocally indicate who made the most accomplishments to the advancement of civilization over millennia.  How much longer will these 'racist' institutions be allowed to stand?

• Like 1