Red states unite in rejecting federal unemployment benefits as disincentives to work

pipedreams

"In many states, the federal benefits more than double current state unemployment payments, putting the monthly total for individuals at a level comparable with working a full-time, minimum-wage job."

"At least 23 Republican-led states — including Arizona, Georgia, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Ohio and South Carolina — have announced they will stop accepting the benefits, citing growing unemployment despite job availabilities. Republicans have led the way on this issue, but difficulty hiring has been a bipartisan problem hitting states led by both parties."

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/red-states-unite-rejecting-federal-unemployment-benefits?fbclid=IwAR2quZI_4DlGL6EbEGTQPO3c0YJiDEcIzJKpDS1yPZPMn5byRVFXScxbC6g

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Consider:  one basks in the laziness of government checks rather than paychecks.

One deems themselves very smart; smarter than the average bear.

Soon, government largesse ends and smarter bear now needs to have a paying job.

Smarter bear joins millions of other smarter bears pursuing available employment; finds that 1,000 other smarter bears are also applying.

Smarter bear ends up sleeping on a sidewalk.

The good news is, if  smarter bear is in the Los Angeles area, his sidewalk is in Venice near the beach and the weather is nice.

The less than smarter bears, that had been working rather than vacationing, continue to get paid as they have all year long because they wanted to work.

The fallacy of the indolent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My record is pretty spotty keeping millennials employed at $20-30/h for basically fcking off most of the day. 

M'fers won't show up AND stay. Way to bash the boomer fash (me, the fascist). And then bitch when they're broke.... Lol.

Literally every one of my peers are singing the blues. But we're rat bastards for paying a slave wage.

Edited by MO Fugga
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

States that reduce unemployment pay might see certain people move away ..... what a shame.

There's plenty of room on Venice Beach sidewalks and Los Angeles beaches.

And, because the cartels can walk a ton of heroin across the border without fear, Californians can get high, stay high and cash them government checks.

That is, until the Democrats replace the US homeless with Mexicans because Mexicans will sleep on sidewalks and poop in the street that Americans won't do.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, tous said:

There's plenty of room on Venice Beach sidewalks and Los Angeles beaches.

And, because the cartels can walk a ton of heroin across the border without fear, Californians can get high, stay high and cash them government checks.

That is, until the Democrats replace the US homeless with Mexicans because Mexicans will sleep on sidewalks and poop in the street that Americans won't do.

The very idea of "Whatever it takes to contain the commie fcks!"... 

Gets us bent.

We're in the way of progress after all....

Edited by MO Fugga
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, tous said:

That is, until the Democrats replace the US homeless with Mexicans because Mexicans will sleep on sidewalks and poop in the street that Americans won't.

mexico, guatamlia...honduras, ...in the Americas...africans in Europe 

Anybody payin attention here?? 

Out BREED the White people.  Cause the stupid MF'ers...just KEEP lettin us ILLEGAL pieces of **** in to destroy your society, and suck off your benefits!!!

don't see this **** happenin in China..India, or Japan, do yaNO illegal MF'ers invading THEIR borders are there...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MO Fugga said:

My record is pretty spotty keeping millennials employed at $20-30/h for basically fcking off most of the day. 

M'fers won't show up AND stay. Way to bash the boomer fash (me, the fascist). And then bitch when they're broke.... Lol.

Literally every one of my peers are singing the blues. But we're rat bastards for paying a slave wage.

[ermey] "Private Pyle, you run like snowflakes work!" [ /ermey ]

• Haha 1