New truck

crockett

I'm inclined to sell both my small regular cab RAM 1500 HEMI and the Vette.

I miss having a big diesel truck, and the Vette is always tempting me to go bonkers.

My Vette is currently worth 20k over what I paid for it, because these C7s aren’t made anymore, and the new C8s have a waiting list of almost 2 years. Demand is super high. My small truck is worth what I paid for 3 years ago, because I got it with a 31% discount.

I used to own 2 GMC 2500 Denali diesel trucks in the past and miss having a fat ass boat with the low end torque of a diesel. They never got me into trouble and driving was much more relaxed.

While I don't need a big truck, its a lifestyle thing for me at this point. It's American. It offers me options. If I ever want to get a 5th wheel RV, toy hauler, boat, move my ****, I can pull it right away.

Was building a few trucks online tonight, and I love the long bed on the new RAM 2500. Would get the Limited with all the features. Adaptive Cruise control with stop, big vertical screen, night edition, 4WD, lockable rear diff, air suspension, Adaptive Steering System, Digital Rearview Mirror, Full-Speed Forward-Collision Warning Plus, Lane-Keep Assist, 50 gal tank (up to 1,500 miles of range after delete), 17 Speaker Harman Kardon Premium Sound, I think like 18 cameras, etc.

Do I make sense?

iris.png

3cf4ce4f-9ab7-49b3-8fee-27a0e0efcf2d-Ram

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2

Just now, Someday said:

Nice truck. You could go the other direction and get a TRX.

Yeah I know, but I try to get away from vehicles that make me go too fast. And I'd drive that TRX like I stole it.

I was a first responder back in the day (side gig on the weekends only, but still going fast / code most of the time), I got used to the German autobahn with no speed limits, and I used to race superbikes on club level. Going fast comes natural for me, but that doesn't mingle well with public roads. That TRX with 700 horses will not help me.

While going fast gives you that nice adrenaline kick, it is still a much higher risk to **** up or to get pulled over. I don't need that stress in my life, getting too old.

• Like 1

• Administrators

“All desires are valid to a man with a full purse.” - Petyr Baelish :biggrin:

I can’t stop quoting that show. Anyway, if that is where you are at now, go for it and enjoy yourself. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eric said:

“All desires are valid to a man with a full purse.” - Petyr Baelish :biggrin:

I can’t stop quoting that show. Anyway, if that is where you are at now, go for it and enjoy yourself. 

Its all relative. On one side I stopped making and aiming for really big money 8 years ago when I decided to retire, on the other side my company is dealing with a massive and worldwide aluminum shortage this year. Most of our products contain milled aluminum parts, so we have orders piling up that we can't fulfill for now. In a worst-worst case scenario, this can still break my (financial) neck if this shortage last well into next year. Not sure I'll be able to pull off another business like that. I'm kinda burned out. Sure, I could get hired in decent positions... but I won't last. I haven't worked for somebody else in 25 years, let alone 9 to 5. Day trading for fun is one thing, but once you need that profit to pay bills, your emotions creep in and its just a matter of time and the market will screw you over.

And here comes the between-the-lines meaning of your quote (IMO): life is short and nothing is guaranteed but our death. I'd much rather buy a big fat truck right now, that I don't even need, than playing it safe due to this situation, keeping the money, failing with the company and never getting to buy a big truck (or anything like that) ever again. It's not a smart decision, but one I can live with.

If things go South entirely, you will find me in my minvan camper down at the beach lol

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crockett said:

Its all relative. On one side I stopped making and aiming for really big money 8 years ago when I decided to retire, on the other side my company is dealing with a massive and worldwide aluminum shortage this year. Most of our products contain milled aluminum parts, so we have orders piling up that we can't fulfill for now. In a worst-worst case scenario, this can still break my (financial) neck if this shortage last well into next year. Not sure I'll be able to pull off another business like that. I'm kinda burned out. Sure, I could get hired in decent positions... but I won't last. I haven't worked for somebody else in 25 years, let alone 9 to 5. Day trading for fun is one thing, but once you need that profit to pay bills, your emotions creep in and its just a matter of time and the market will screw you over.

And here comes the between-the-lines meaning of your quote (IMO): life is short and nothing is guaranteed but our death. I'd much rather buy a big fat truck right now, that I don't even need, than playing it safe due to this situation, keeping the money, failing with the company and never getting to buy a big truck (or anything like that) ever again. It's not a smart decision, but one I can live with.

If things go South entirely, you will find me in my minvan camper down at the beach lol

Now you need a trailer to haul the minivan with.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, crockett said:

I'm inclined to sell both my small regular cab RAM 1500 HEMI and the Vette.

I miss having a big diesel truck, and the Vette is always tempting me to go bonkers.

My Vette is currently worth 20k over what I paid for it, because these C7s aren’t made anymore, and the new C8s have a waiting list of almost 2 years. Demand is super high. My small truck is worth what I paid for 3 years ago, because I got it with a 31% discount.

I used to own 2 GMC 2500 Denali diesel trucks in the past and miss having a fat ass boat with the low end torque of a diesel. They never got me into trouble and driving was much more relaxed.

While I don't need a big truck, its a lifestyle thing for me at this point. It's American. It offers me options. If I ever want to get a 5th wheel RV, toy hauler, boat, move my ****, I can pull it right away.

Was building a few trucks online tonight, and I love the long bed on the new RAM 2500. Would get the Limited with all the features. Adaptive Cruise control with stop, big vertical screen, night edition, 4WD, lockable rear diff, air suspension, Adaptive Steering System, Digital Rearview Mirror, Full-Speed Forward-Collision Warning Plus, Lane-Keep Assist, 50 gal tank (up to 1,500 miles of range after delete), 17 Speaker Harman Kardon Premium Sound, I think like 18 cameras, etc.

Do I make sense?

iris.png

3cf4ce4f-9ab7-49b3-8fee-27a0e0efcf2d-Ram

Just make sure your garage has enough depth for that baby.  My Ram isn't a long bed and just fits with the hitch removed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

You sell your vehicles now, and you'll be waiting at least a year to get a new truck at a decent price.

What are you going to drive during that time?

Talked to my local dealer, lead time is 6 to 8 weeks for my build. Will only get a 2k discount but that's what I expected in this market and a custom order.

Still got my minivan.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Just make sure your garage has enough depth for that baby.  My Ram isn't a long bed and just fits with the hitch removed.

One side of my garage is 3 feet deeper. It will fit, but I will have to remove some shelving.

• Like 1