20” Match grade AR bbl?

Valmet

I’m wanting to build an A2 match AR in .223 Wylde and am wondering if there is any real difference in quality with regards to cost and accuracy? I’ve always used Douglas barrels on my guns, but when it comes to ARs I know there are lots of different options out there. 

Anyone recommend a good barrel?

Dance with the one tha brung ya.

I don't own a Wylde barrel, and have never built from scratch. Put plenty of kits together, but finding what works for you is always c challenge. We tend to wonder if something else is out there. It usually isn't.

I have a PSA kit that is just marvelous, cost about $300 to get together, and shoots ragged holes for me. I love the thing, but wish it had a Nitride or Melonite finish, but it is what it is. Don't get caught up in price tags. Some things are very worth the extra $$, and other things are just extra $$.

Good luck with your build.

• Like 1

Green Mountain is a name I read a lot about and the comments seem pretty positive, but since I don't have any experience with a 223 barrel, I can't comment a lot.

I have a Green Mountain barrel on my Yugo Underfolder (AK), and it is pretty impressive from all the junk I read about the AK base. Trash Can ammo with a trash can rifle, but on bags I can get ~inch groups at 100, and just under 3.5 inches at 200. Pretty good for open sight shooting with near 60 year old eyes. I thinks so, anyway.

• 1 year later...

I bought a Rock River upper from RR at Camp Perry. Guy said it was their hot set up for High Power or CMP. It's no longer in their catalog. I've used it for CMP but I'm not good enough to know the difference, I'm just having fun.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.