Talking Face To Face

7 hours ago, Mrs Glockrunner said:

I doubt if this is a true story, but it is something to think about.

unnamed (9).png

the inability to interact with your peers leads to insecurity, isolation and fear.  Do you want this for your children?

• Like 2

I know that part is true.  Kids today are so dependent on them, it is scary.

The part I don't think is true is the teacher stopping class 5 minutes early and telling the kids to talk to each other.  

We've lost the majority of our youth to electronics.  I really don't know what this world is coming to.  I agree, it is sad.

My wife and I went out for dinner last week. We had a good conversation with each other and even talked to a chef about a new menu item he was experimenting with. But looking around many tables were silent with everyone on their phones. I have seen this before but it seemed to be much worse after this last year of everyone being so isolated. I think it is hitting kids harder than adults. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While I agree that this direction in younger generations is a serious issue, I can't complain too much. As an INTJ, we truly hate small talk. If there's no common interest in a rather deep matter, my desire to talk to people comes down to a few comments a day on a forum like this, if at all.

The other day a female neighbor came over and started talking about other neighbors. I have zero interest in that kinda bullshit. I wave when I drive by and see one, that's it.

I could go without communication for months. When I want a dedicated, in depth and intelligent conversation, I tend to talk to myself. :P

Edited by crockett