I had a heart attack..

kerbie18

Glad you made it this time around. Time for that lifestyle change! Remove all triggers for unhealthy habits and stressful environments if needed. You only got this one life.

Health and time remaining are our only true assets, not money or that thrill.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

It's been about 10 days now.. 

It turns out that working 80 hour weeks as a cop while eating fast food exclusively is how you kill yourself.

Damnit man...sorry to hear that.  Hope ya continue to get better sir.  Gotta slack off a bit...gotta.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, kerbie18 said:

It started with chest pains, then I told my boss I'd be sick for the day, then I walked into the ER. 

The job does that to the best of us, Kerbie.  It's one of the risks of the line of work.

May God bless you and you make a full recovery.  

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2

You know the best part of my heart attack? The initial nurse that checked me into the ER took one look at my readings, her eyes got big, and she ran out. 

I also remember hospital staff discussing my weapons and what to do with them.. 

• Like 2

Smaller hospital?

All the ER's I've been in have established protocols for securing weapons. Of course, like any institution, having the protocols and the staff knowing them are totally different. To be fair, dealing with weapons on a patient is a little more rare, usually the police have already take care of all the weapons. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fog said:

Smaller hospital?

All the ER's I've been in have established protocols for securing weapons. Of course, like any institution, having the protocols and the staff knowing them are totally different. To be fair, dealing with weapons on a patient is a little more rare, usually the police have already take care of all the weapons. 

Actually a larger hospital. The security guard was like a kid in a candy store, because I let him play with all my big boy police toys 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

Actually a larger hospital. The security guard was like a kid in a candy store, because I let him play with all my big boy police toys 

Nice.

How much time off are you looking at?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fog said:

Nice.

How much time off are you looking at?

It's probably going to be about a month total. I'm currently learning the joys of blood thinners. Blood thinners are not optimal for someone in my profession.

• Like 2

I've been taking aspirin since I was 13. More than 50 decades ago. Yeah, that thick. An open wound would stop bleeding in no time.  Quite convenient at times.

Actually, I liked the taste so much that I chewed them. Until the acid caught up to my gums. Now I just guzzle a baby aspirin nightly. With a drink psyllium husk. Orangy flavored. And when going on an extended (3-4 hours) trip.

You do what you have to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1