10,000 portable propane tanks catch fire at plant in Marshfield, Mo.

pipedreams

"“We had to hang back, because the propane tanks going airborne and flying a hundred feet in the air, literally at times,” said Taylor. “And there’s the threat of a 33,000 gallon gas tank that the fire was close to.”"

https://www.ky3.com/2021/05/14/fire-chief-witnesses-react-after-propane-plant-explosion-in-marshfield/?fbclid=IwAR2WV2MfX1OcIMty09jEmKShGCbdS43FVzLykatNuC5lnkI06og8df7yKS8

https://www.ky3.com/2021/05/13/witnesses-share-images-of-fire-at-propane-plant-in-marshfield-mo/

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

We'd put CO2 cartridges in small trays of burning gas (the cylinder sides would blow out before the little "cap" did).  To be safe,  we'd stand back 30' or 50'. 

They'd blow and hit the upstair's siding (really hard) five houses away.

I'd imagine that 5gal tanks would pack a pretty nifty wallop.

• Like 1

We used to throw full beer cans (cans of beans - more messy) (especially when they were steel) in the camp / bonfires.   Everyone would stand around ha-ha-ing,  until the BOOM, and mushroom cloud,  and it blowing the whole fire all around the campsite.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

We used to throw full beer cans (cans of beans - more messy) (especially when they were steel) in the camp / bonfires.   Everyone would stand around ha-ha-ing,  until the BOOM, and mushroom cloud,  and it blowing the whole fire all around the campsite.

Holy CRAP!!!

The Blue Rhino Propane plant had a similar event a few years back. I could see it from my hospital, 10 miles away in a straight line. My wife could hear it inside the operations center where she was dispatching 911 calls. Footage looked like popcorn popping on a stove with no lid. One person injured. He was running away from the blast, and ran in front of a car. Final Destination ****, right there.

15 hours ago, tadbart said:

The Blue Rhino Propane plant had a similar event a few years back. I could see it from my hospital, 10 miles away in a straight line. My wife could hear it inside the operations center where she was dispatching 911 calls. Footage looked like popcorn popping on a stove with no lid. One person injured. He was running away from the blast, and ran in front of a car. Final Destination ****, right there.

You are a follower of the Aussie wanker?