Minor won’t be charged after tying electrical cord around dog’s neck, setting him on fire

pipedreams

According to Tate County Sheriff Brad Lance, the minor confessed to purposely injuring the dog but because the juvenile is under the age of 12 he cannot be charged with a crime in Mississippi.

https://kfor.com/news/minor-wont-be-charged-after-tying-electrical-cord-around-dogs-neck-setting-him-on-fire/

He'll be torturing and strangling women in ten years, just watch

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I know of a case where teenage punk turned his parents in for child abuse.

Parents went to prison, for spanking him.

IMHO opinion they were trying to save the world from him by shaping him up.

I know I'll hear about him again someday. Deputy DA was on a power trip and he had her eating out of his hand. His eyes were dark and dead. But he had a ready smile and almost charming manner, women adored him, and he knew it.

Over the years I dealt with some of the most evil people around, true mass murderers, cannibals, serial rapists, serial killers, arsonists. That kid gave me the same feeling. Wouldn't surprise me if the Deputy DA was sleeping with him. I've seen that happen too, usually defense attorneys would sleep with their clients, but DA's did with victims more than once.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

42 minutes ago, Fog said:

I know of a case where teenage punk turned his parents in for child abuse.

Parents went to prison, for spanking him.

IMHO opinion they were trying to save the world from him by shaping him up.

I know I'll hear about him again someday. Deputy DA was on a power trip and he had her eating out of his hand. His eyes were dark and dead. But he had a ready smile and almost charming manner, women adored him, and he knew it.

Over the years I dealt with some of the most evil people around, true mass murderers, cannibals, serial rapists, serial killers, arsonists. That kid gave me the same feeling. Wouldn't surprise me if the Deputy DA was sleeping with him. I've seen that happen too, usually defense attorneys would sleep with their clients, but DA's did with victims more than once.

The only defense attorney I ever needed was a solid 10.

15 hours ago, Maser said:

Under 12 huh?  At that age I say charge the parents for raising a future sociopath. 

You mean he may be a psychopath, since this is a rather planned act, the lack of empathy and the desire to hurt others. Psychopath are born, not made, 2 assumed causes:

- genes may make them vulnerable to developing this personality disorder
- changes in the way the brain functions may result during brain development

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, crockett said:

You mean he may be a psychopath, since this is a rather planned act, the lack of empathy and the desire to hurt others. Psychopath are born, not made, 2 assumed causes:

- genes may make them vulnerable to developing this personality disorder
- changes in the way the brain functions may result during brain development

No I mean sociopath because all psychopaths start off being a sociopath.  I know the proper term for it is ASPD, but I prefer OG terms.  The main difference really between a sociopath and psychopath is the amount of empathy for others.  A sociopath has empathy for themselves and very close loved ones, but no one else.  A psychopath on the other hand has zero empathy for others and in lots of cases they have no empathy for themselves.  Cruelty towards animals is the early sign of sociopathy. 

1 hour ago, Maser said:

No I mean sociopath because all psychopaths start off being a sociopath.  I know the proper term for it is ASPD, but I prefer OG terms.  The main difference really between a sociopath and psychopath is the amount of empathy for others.  A sociopath has empathy for themselves and very close loved ones, but no one else.  A psychopath on the other hand has zero empathy for others and in lots of cases they have no empathy for themselves.  Cruelty towards animals is the early sign of sociopathy. 

I'm 100% certain that a crime like that matches the profile of a psychopath, not a sociopath. That kid didn't act out of the moment based on situational anger, that was in some way or form planned.

- Sociopaths act hot-headed in the situation, they are not controlled.

- Psychopaths are cold-headed and controlled. They calculate their crimes and acts.

I have several books on the matter. There is no source for "sociopaths become psychopaths".

Study on the topic:

Individuals with Psychopathic Traits

"Despite this, animal cruelty is a common occurrence"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7222839/

Edited by crockett

Playing devil's advocate here for a second, do we know for sure if this kid really did it or maybe older kids did it and made the younger kid confess to it because they knew his age wouldn't get him in trouble?  Not that it excuses anything, in fact it makes it worse if that's true because that means that kid is surrounded by older kids who are sociopaths/psychopaths. 

Maybe the dog did it to himself because he didn't like the kid. Or maybe the cat did it because he didn't like either of them. In these challenging times it's best to not interfere with toasting pups or knifing Negresses. 

There's always a question when dealing with such cases - does evil justify evil in return? I can understand the temptation to punish this kid, but in the end I believe he's broken. Irretrievably broken. To paraphrase a Great American, "There's bad accidents in life, and the best way to deal with 'em is to just get up and move on." Inflicting great pain on the kid won't undo his damage. We can do whatever we can for the dog, and eliminate the broken kid to prevent him hurting anyone else, and then move on from it. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

How about serious long term psychological treatment inside a secure facility?

Why should society bear the cost for lifelong warehousing of irredeemable violent criminals? Every dollar spent housing a criminal psychopath is taken away from a homeless veteran. 

• Like 2

Just now, gwalchmai said:

Why should society bear the cost for lifelong warehousing of irredeemable violent criminals? Every dollar spent housing a criminal psychopath is taken away from a homeless veteran. 

You're right. But, I doubt that executing a child is going to happen no matter how dangerous he is. Next best thing I can think of is a long term stay at the funny farm.

• Like 2