If God really loved us and wanted us to be happy

gwalchmai

She'd arrange for a bug to fly into our mouth whenever we're about to say something we'd regret.

Wife: Honey, do these pants make me look fat?

Husband: Well. to be honest, <AWK!> <gack!> <MGHFPL!>

Sarak of Vulcan: "Hello, Mr. President. Greetings from the United Federation of Planets."

Joe Biden: "Come on, man! <AWK!> <gack!> <MGHFPL!>"

I really see some benefits here...

• Like 2

Sometimes it’s a good thing. We are helping a dear friend navigate a nasty divorce. Every time something looks like it is not going her way, her husband says something stupid. Real stupid. On camera or record. It’s beautiful. 

• Haha 3

Our God is a lowly intern in the LLC of God's, so he got the worst assignment.  Earth.

Not only does he have to bring donuts to the monthly meetings, but has to manage beings who do things that they know will destroy themselves but do them anyway.  We don't progress or learn, and absolutely cannot use logic or reason effectively.

At this point the others around the table are too amused to step in, and they like their free donuts, so the mercy rule has not been employed.

I'm afraid we're stuck here until a virus of some sort gets us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Peng said:

Our God is a lowly intern in the LLC of God's, so he got the worst assignment.  Earth.

Not only does he have to bring donuts to the monthly meetings, but has to manage beings who do things that they know will destroy themselves but do them anyway.  We don't progress or learn, and absolutely cannot use logic or reason effectively.

At this point the others around the table are too amused to step in, and they like their free donuts, so the mercy rule has not been employed.

“Job: A Comedy of Justice” Heinlein

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peng said:

I actually think we been told by the "aliens" that we all know are real and so does our government..."You guys need to become like the star wars bar"! :D. That's what all this "Immigration ****" is all about.  You WILL all learn to live together.   Yup.  Not in My lifetime.

• Like 2

Seriously...why is all this MASS, planned immigration only coming into europe, America and Canada?  From third world countries? I don't see no illegals storming the great wall of china!!  Or busting down borders to get into india!!!  White people...giving away free ****"!!!  Thanks Angela, barry and the fake president.  Yes I know...I'm goin to bed.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

I actually think we been told by the "aliens" that we all know are real and so does our government..."You guys need to become like the star wars bar"! :D. That's what all this "Immigration ****" is all about.  You WILL all learn to live together.   Yup.  Not in My lifetime.

NWO is not a new concept. It has been working behind the curtains for a lifetime, at least, and now has gone full retard.

Not too sure about the alien thing. We are too primitive and unsavory a species for a civilized group (we best hope they are civilized) to bother with. Maybe a fly by to see if we are progressing?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peng said:

I was thinking he's been in 7th grade for a few billion years, and we're his science project. Dude could probably use a beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

John D. McDonald, maybe most famous for his Travis McGee series, wrote three science fiction novels. Wine of the Dreamers and Ballroom of the Skies both consider how humanity so routinely makes some forward progress then stumbles and falls back.

What is the cause of "the wellspring of the random wars and killings that [occupies] men's souls," and, why does mankind stumble and fall so often in its progression to a desired perfection? The answer, according to MacDonald (in both books) is an unknown, ongoing alien intervention. In Ballroom it is for weal, in Dreamers it's for woe.”

http://thetrapofsolidgold.blogspot.com/2009/12/wine-of-dreamers.html?m=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

John D. McDonald, maybe most famous for his Travis McGee series, wrote three science fiction novels. Wine of the Dreamers and Ballroom of the Skies both consider how humanity so routinely makes some forward progress then stumbles and falls back.

What is the cause of "the wellspring of the random wars and killings that [occupies] men's souls," and, why does mankind stumble and fall so often in its progression to a desired perfection? The answer, according to MacDonald (in both books) is an unknown, ongoing alien intervention. In Ballroom it is for weal, in Dreamers it's for woe.”

http://thetrapofsolidgold.blogspot.com/2009/12/wine-of-dreamers.html?m=1

Never knew that.  Read ALL the McGee series.  Had the whole collection in paperback.  Don't ask...:(  As ya get older...there's only so much space..."Wouda, shouda, couda"...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Never knew that.  Read ALL the McGee series.  Had the whole collection in paperback.  Don't ask...:(  As ya get older...there's only so much space..."Wouda, shouda, couda"...

I’m trying to work into and through the “shedding”. I know I now have more books than I can get read and more videos than I can watch. Yet pick up one for possible outplacement (to library or Goodwill) and I’m reminded of why I wanted to read or watch it. 

• Like 1