Para Ordnance/Para America/Remington... .45 Worthog, I want one.

Swampfox762

Never got in to Para. They doubles (ish) stacked their mags and that made for some firepower, but they were fat and heavy. Of course all of them were in that day.

I had a Colt Officers in .45. With a Chip McCormick mag it was a 7 shooter IIRC, and I loved the thing. I still kinda hate that it is gone, but the thing was like carrying a boat anchor.

Good times.

1 hour ago, LostinTexas said:

Never got in to Para. They doubles (ish) stacked their mags and that made for some firepower, but they were fat and heavy. Of course all of them were in that day.

I had a Colt Officers in .45. With a Chip McCormick mag it was a 7 shooter IIRC, and I loved the thing. I still kinda hate that it is gone, but the thing was like carrying a boat anchor.

Good times.

True...The Worthog is a Fat little puppy, but man was it a sweet shooter.  I got a big hand so that's not a problem for me.   It's just a real shame that all the different "hands" the company went thru, including Remington, non of them could make a go of the company.  I guess I'll just keep my eye out down the road and hope one turns up some day.  I'm thinkin used, it will still be around 700 to a grand...

• Like 1

i fired a few Para`s and liked them a Co-worker have a Para Elite and it was nice.

they fell off the Radar awhile back and then became Para US and then didn't hear from them again.

i never owned one i had a Gold Cup when Para came around and after they were gone i got a TRP, but i`d rock a single stack Para.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

i fired a few Para`s and liked them a Co-worker have a Para Elite and it was nice.

they fell off the Radar awhile back and then became Para US and then didn't hear from them again.

i never owned one i had a Gold Cup when Para came around and after they were gone i got a TRP, but i`d rock a single stack Para.

I actually found one.  "Mint".  $1,025.  Sad part...got the money.  I'll leave it there.  Shut your van door and go to bed Crockett...

• Like 1