FedEx sucks!

Batesmotel

I bought a camera and some other gear online Sunday night. Paid a bunch for 2 day shipping. They processed the order Monday morning and FedEx had it by noon. I got a notification they had it. 

So with 2 day shipping I figured I should get sometime Wednesday. Wednesday it is in Memphis. Thursday it is still in Memphis. Friday morning it left Memphis and arrived here. And just sat. Then it got split onto two trucks. One is now 40 miles east of me. One is 50 miles west of me. Delivery went from 5:00 to 8:00 to End of Day to Pending. Now it says by end of day Saturday. 

How the hell is Sunday to Saturday 2 day shipping and where is my $40?

Just now, Batesmotel said:

After I get both boxes I can apply for a refund. They are not obligated to give one. I think they are using “Troubled Times” to pad the books. 

Yea, got after Amazon for sitting on orders, a couple of weeks ago. I figured I got nowhere, but suddenly the order was shipped and delivered second day as promised. I can't defend FedEx, or any of the delivery services, and yes they sometimes drop the ball, kick it, molest it, and otherwise mess things up while trying to pick it back up, but they seem to be decent almost all the time.

Sounds like you deserve the special postage refunded, though.

56 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

I bought a camera and some other gear online Sunday night. Paid a bunch for 2 day shipping. They processed the order Monday morning and FedEx had it by noon. I got a notification they had it. 

So with 2 day shipping I figured I should get sometime Wednesday. Wednesday it is in Memphis. Thursday it is still in Memphis. Friday morning it left Memphis and arrived here. And just sat. Then it got split onto two trucks. One is now 40 miles east of me. One is 50 miles west of me. Delivery went from 5:00 to 8:00 to End of Day to Pending. Now it says by end of day Saturday. 

How the hell is Sunday to Saturday 2 day shipping and where is my $40?

Did you order at B&H?

Now they claim I signed up for Weekday Delivery. They won’t deliver until Monday or Tuesday. It was supposed to be delivered last Wednesday. I never signed up for weekday delivery. But they say I did do they don’t owe me a refund on my two day shipping fee. 

19 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

Yea, got after Amazon for sitting on orders, a couple of weeks ago. I figured I got nowhere, but suddenly the order was shipped and delivered second day as promised.

I think amazon keeps track of the people that bitch. If you don't ever complain,  you get put on the "whenever we get around to it" list.  If you constantly yap,  you get the prompt shipping.

(I never complain.  I'm never in a hurry.  I order crap from Arizona on tuesday,  it's on my porch when I get home next week.  Good enough.)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Yes. Never had this problem before. 

Same here, everything had been good for decades, but 2 months ago my B&H order was stuck with FedEx. My order was placed with over night and delivery before 10 AM. I contacted B&H on the second day and they said they will pull the shipment back from FedEx and refund me. I ordered with Adorama and got the same product the very next day.

2 weeks later the B&H order was still stuck with FedEx, and I didn't get a refund. I talked with their (outsourced) customer service about 6 times after being in the waiting line for ever. Only got the runaround, so I started a "did not receive" case with PayPal. 9 days later and one day before the deadline for B&H to respond ran out, that damn package arrived at my door, and PayPal closed the case in favor of B&H because tracking showed it arrived after all.

So I started an RMA return case on B&H's website, which is luckily automated, sent the package back unopened, and a week after they signed for receiving the return I still didn't get a refund. I called again, got the runaround again, with them claiming there is a chargeback and that's why they can't refund. Total bullshit, I never started a chargeback, and that "did not receive" case was decided in their favor and was closed. I called them several time and got lied to as well, claiming I got the refund. I sent evidence, and all replies came from different people, none of them reading prior emails, not understanding what was going on, and sending useless template replies.

Many customers are dealing with the same crap. All this started in 2020.

So they had my money and the product back in hand. On top of that I wasted over night shipping fees and didn't get the part in time.

I called PayPal many times and got the runaround there as well, asking me to tell B&H that they can refund and there is no open case.

It took me 2 hours on the phone to get through to a US based PayPal manager, and that guy finally understood what was going on. He reopened my first case, changed it to a chargeback case, added my evidence that I retuned the product, and gave B&H 7 day to respond. Needless to say they never did, and PayPal decided in my favor, and gave me my money back while deducting it from B&H's account.

I will never order anything from B&H again. I left about 7 or 8 bad reviews on every damn review site I could find, including BBB, Google maps and Yelp. Some B&H PR fag replied to my reviews trying to make things right for a better review. Not going to happen.

I'm back to ordering on eBay. That at least supports individual businesses and not these ignorant rats like B&H or Amazon.

Edited by crockett

30 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I think amazon keeps track of the people that bitch. If you don't ever complain,  you get put on the "whenever we get around to it" list.  If you constantly yap,  you get the prompt shipping.

(I never complain.  I'm never in a hurry.  I order crap from Arizona on tuesday,  it's on my porch when I get home next week.  Good enough.)

You may be right. I got tired of looking at orders sit for a week or so, so tried the Prime thing. My folks have insane fast delivery with it. I still watch orders do nothing for a week or more. Having a bad day, and paying premium for that just got to me. I still got my Chrono 6 days after ordering and 5 days ahead of their schedule. Six days. Two were in transit. 

Normally it doesn't bother me as much as it did on this. I have been without and wanting to do some work with the air rifles, and they cough me in a tiff.

Like they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I really didn't think I had got anywhere with them. We are using Sam's Club and Walmart more these days. Less hassle, can take returns to the store if needed (UPS Store is across the street from Wally, so kind of a wash), and get things much quicker on average. Yea, Wally is the devil, but choices aren't something we have a lot of in the civilized fly over area we live.

Edited by LostinTexas

For a while there we had a really cute FedEx driver, she was always cheerful and friendly. I liked FedEx back then.

Now we have a young punk with blond hair and an attitude. I'll be standing right there in the open door but he'll refuse to hand me the package "I'm required to set it on the porch and you can pick it up after I'm gone."

I don't like FedEx as much now, although in truth the packages seem to be arriving in decent condition and in a reasonable time, so just the driver I don't like.