Amazon Prime question

gwalchmai

If you pay for Prime, and you order an item to be delivered in two business days, do you think that the seller shipping it is good enough, or do you actually expect it to be delivered within the agreed upon time? I'm being told by a seller that they shipped it, and that "due to these difficult times" I shouldn't leave negative feedback just because it's a week late. I disagree.

Damn foos thank I ain't got time to waste postin' bad chit bout 'em. :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do pay for prime.  And a good percent of the time my stuff shows up on time.

Every once in a while i get one that goes wrong.

I ordered 20 Ft. of military grade solid core coax (stuff is almost an inch thick) in 50 Ohmz...and it never showed up.

Amazon asked me how to handle it and they over nighted me a new cable.

That being said.  I think some places are taking advantage of the "hard times clause."

• Thanks 1

Thinking hard about dropping Prime. Amazon warehouse will sit on orders for up to 10 days. When shipped, it is here second day. Most third party vendors do a whole lot better. 

These forums are packed with hate for USPS, UPS, Fed Ex and who ever else falling on their collective nose. Once the item is shipped and accepted it is kinda out of the vendors hands.

I chastised Amazon a few weeks ago on the practice of sitting on orders. They said the item wasn't available from Dallas and would have to be shipped from another site. I said fine, but in 2021 and order can be forward almost instantly and sitting on it for a week wasn't acceptable. This was Wednesday, they said it would ship Monday and be here Wednesday next week. It shipped that day from another warehouse and was here Friday. You know, second day, like they promise.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I hope the Pillow dude is successful at competing with Amazon, 'cause I'd like to dump Prime.  (I've been slowly replacing it as much as possible since last year when their politics annoyed me beyond toleration).

Pillow Dude competing with Amazon? Got a link.

• Like 1

OK, the rest of the story. I got another email from the merchant explaining how they were a struggling small bidness and I should remove my bad feedback, that they'd rescheduled a delivery for Apr 24 (ten days after I ordered the product with a supposed 2-day delivery), and that should satisfy me. I replied that no, it didn't, and I just wanted a refund, since I'd already gone and purchased the product locally. Besides, as far as I'm concerned they're Amazon, a megacorp, so the small bidness nonsense is, well, nonsense.

Then, about an hour later a FedEx truck pulls up and delivers a box from WalMart, with the product in it. So these guys have spent hundreds of dollars now on a stupid error that should never have even been a problem.

I really think they need to go out of business. Dumb, inefficient merchants hurt everyone because they pull business from good merchants. So here we have a dissatisfied customer (who paid up front for his product), a clueless merchant who cannot provide the services he advertises, and the floundering cooperation of Amazon, FedEx, and the WalMart. All for a $26 box of cat food. :anim_rofl2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hope PillowGuy's store succeeds. I'll make a prediction, though. Such things won't succeed based on ideology. They'll succeed based on getting products to customers on time and on budget. We (murcans) see Amazon as an enemy of our ideology, but its customers use it because it gets them (us) stuff cheap and on time. And that's what PillowGuy has to do to beat Amazon. 

• Like 3

I dumped Amazon and prime over a year ago. Never once missed it. 

Part of the decision was based on how long the shipping was taking, "two day" was a total joke. 

Then more and more I was seeing "Order in XX and get it by XX" But when I added the item to my cart it would change the shipping time frame by a week or more. A few times it changed it after I completed the order, in some cases forcing me to cancel the order.

I now go to walmart.com, sometimes, and ebay sometimes, but often just do a general search and order from those results. I'll check the location of the company shipping the item, and if it is withing a certain radius I usually get the item in a couple days anyway. Many times I call in the order, which gives a good feel for how well the order will be handled. I've talked to many small business owners that are eager to get repeat sales. Some are the dying brick and mortar stores, some are being run out of a garage.

I will say that walmart has been getting me items in two days or less when they promise it, funny how they can make it happen and amazon can't.

• Like 1

When things were really messed up around Christmas, their shipping was slow but their delivery projections were extended out on the site.  I can't recall anything arriving out of whack with when they said it would be here.  I did wind up ordering a brake line tool from homedepot.com instead of Amazon due to shipping projections.  Home depot had it here in a few days; I would have picked it up at the store but they don't sell it in store.  I had to buy the line from Advance locally because it was 10 days or 2 weeks shipping on Amazon and that was too long to wait.  If I need it now I just go get it and hell with the price.  If I can wait and save significantly, I order it.  That said, I could've got a roll of line and a bunch of fittings from the web, instead I got a couple of patch lines and enough fittings to do the job locally for the same money as the bulk packaging would've been.  I need to order some to have on hand for future problems.  If it's 25 bucks worth of cat food, I'd just put it on the shelf for later.  Not like you won't use it.  Sucks they jerked you around but everything seems to be a problem anymore.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 12:59 PM, Fog said:

I dumped Amazon and prime over a year ago. Never once missed it. 

Part of the decision was based on how long the shipping was taking, "two day" was a total joke. 

Then more and more I was seeing "Order in XX and get it by XX" But when I added the item to my cart it would change the shipping time frame by a week or more. A few times it changed it after I completed the order, in some cases forcing me to cancel the order.

I now go to walmart.com, sometimes, and ebay sometimes, but often just do a general search and order from those results. I'll check the location of the company shipping the item, and if it is withing a certain radius I usually get the item in a couple days anyway. Many times I call in the order, which gives a good feel for how well the order will be handled. I've talked to many small business owners that are eager to get repeat sales. Some are the dying brick and mortar stores, some are being run out of a garage.

I will say that walmart has been getting me items in two days or less when they promise it, funny how they can make it happen and amazon can't.

Just this morning I ordered two items from Walmart.com since they are much faster than Amazon and it was $2.00 cheaper.   They have been consistently faster in my experience.  Couple weeks ago I ordered something mid afternoon and the same day got email saying it had shipped, on door step next afternoon.

• Like 1

Could Amazon have become infected with the Sears disease - “We are number one now and forever!”

Bezos seems to have stepped away from active management to focus on his space program.

Maybe the founder and the company are no longer as hungry as they once were. 

• Like 3

Funny how they don't offer any discount on membership since they fail to live up to the two day delivery outlined in the Prime contract.

Prime two day shipping has been out the window since the pandemic began.  They're getting better (at least in my area) since Amazon started using their own vehicles to deliver, rather than relying on the USPS or UPS.  Also, I think Amazon forces smaller sellers to run with the Prime logo or cuts them off entirely.

• Like 1

amazon drivers piss in bottles on a regular basis, Amazon workers have to fight a Billion dollar Corp. for Unionization yet pays to Elect Pro Union Politicians, Amazon workers complain of regularly unsafe working conditions and limiting hours to avoid paying for full time Employees wages or Health care.

why would anyone who works there care about a Deadline?

• Like 3

On 4/23/2021 at 1:09 PM, gwalchmai said:

If you pay for Prime, and you order an item to be delivered in two business days, do you think that the seller shipping it is good enough, or do you actually expect it to be delivered within the agreed upon time? I'm being told by a seller that they shipped it, and that "due to these difficult times" I shouldn't leave negative feedback just because it's a week late. I disagree.

Damn foos thank I ain't got time to waste postin' bad chit bout 'em. :(

The "times" don't mean that honesty shouldn't prevail.

If you can't do something, then don't say you can.

Pee on them - I'm on your side!

On 4/25/2021 at 8:01 PM, holyjohnson said:

amazon drivers piss in bottles on a regular basis, Amazon workers have to fight a Billion dollar Corp. for Unionization yet pays to Elect Pro Union Politicians, Amazon workers complain of regularly unsafe working conditions and limiting hours to avoid paying for full time Employees wages or Health care.

why would anyone who works there care about a Deadline?

No free person is forced to accept jobs they don't want!

• Like 1