Oklahoma Governor Passes Law to Protect Drivers Who Hit Rioters Blocking Roadways

pipedreams

“This is an important protection for citizens who are just trying to get out of a bad situation,” West said. “When fleeing an unlawful riot, they should not face threat of prosecution for trying to protect themselves, their families or their property.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/protesters-oklahoma-house-chamber

https://www.theepochtimes.com/oklahoma-governor-passes-law-to-protect-drivers-who-hit-rioters-blocking-roadways_3786718.html

"The bill would make blocking use of a public street a misdemeanor publishable by up to a year in prison or a $5,000 fine. The measure would also grant a motorist criminal and civil immunity if they kill or injure someone while fleeing from a riot."

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 7

I actually got banned from a stream chat not too long ago that was streaming a riot.  Don't remember if it was Antifa or BLM or whatever.   Anyways, the rioters were all cluttering up the roads and all I said was "where's a Muslim truck driver when we need one?"  Apparently the stream owner didn't like that and banned me.  :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Valmet said:

Apparently BLM stormed a gov’t building in OKC today, unsure if it’s related to this legislation? 

I read that and apparently they were not happy with parts of the legislation.  It was the state legislator's building and they locked to doors to keep the trash out.

Edited by pipedreams