Donation Drive

Eric

• Administrators

Hi folks. It’s been a bit over six months since I started the donation drive last October. I want to thank everyone who chipped in. The money helped to finance the site’s server upgrade. The money has long since been spent on TBS and the site’s bills still come in every month.

I have been unemployed since this COVID crap started last year. I do some buying and selling at auctions when I can find deals, but that is unpredictable. COVID has tanked the resell market too. Keeping the site’s expenses paid is a strain. 

I know things are tough all over and I don’t want to put pressure on any of you, but if you can help out, it would be appreciated. There is a donation link at the top of the right column, on the forum index pages and front page.

Thanks again for everyone who has contributed before. It is appreciated.

I now return you to your regular content, already in progress.

• Like 1

Okay, I tossed in a small donation. Hey, random question....what do you do for your day job that got shut down by the pandemic? Just curious...I've been hanging out on one of your sites for over 20 years and I don't think I ever bothered to ask what you do for a living.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 4/22/2021 at 11:47 AM, kerbie18 said:

Okay, I tossed in a small donation. Hey, random question....what do you do for your day job that got shut down by the pandemic? Just curious...I've been hanging out on one of your sites for over 20 years and I don't think I ever bothered to ask what you do for a living.

I do IT stuff mostly. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 2:29 PM, Eric said:

Hi folks. It’s been a bit over six months since I started the donation drive last October. I want to thank everyone who chipped in. The money helped to finance the site’s server upgrade. The money has long since been spent on TBS and the site’s bills still come in every month.

I have been unemployed since this COVID crap started last year. I do some buying and selling at auctions when I can find deals, but that is unpredictable. COVID has tanked the resell market too. Keeping the site’s expenses paid is a strain. 

I know things are tough all over and I don’t want to put pressure on any of you, but if you can help out, it would be appreciated. There is a donation link at the top of the right column, on the forum index pages and front page.

Thanks again for everyone who has contributed before. It is appreciated.

I now return you to your regular content, already in progress.

Eric: Can I mail you a money order? please give me you mailing address.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

BGH, have you ever considered having "Theme Days/Weeks/Months" at TBS? The members could contribute to show their support for the Celebrity of the Week. You know, like Joe Pepitone Week, or Jon Voight Week. Might be a big hit...

• Like 1

I am shocked.

Shocked, I tell you!

How is it that a Georgia boy even knows the name of a baseball player from the early 1960s that played most of his career for the Noooooo Yawk Yankees!

:shocked:

NB my first baseball glove was a Brunswick Mike McCormick autograph model.  :fred:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You forget, mi amigo, that I am culturally handicapped, even culture from the 1990s.  :biggrin:

As wee lads in the 1950s and early 1960s, we all knew of the New York Yankees, but I don't believe that I could name one player on the Atlanta Braves (stolen from Boston) of that era.

I was a St. Louis Cardinals fan.

NB that Brunswick glove was great.  It lasted many, many years through countless Little League high school and pick up softball games over 30 or more years.  Always well-oiled, it finally fell apart.

I loved that hunk of leather.

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

BGH, have you ever considered having "Theme Days/Weeks/Months" at TBS? The members could contribute to show their support for the Celebrity of the Week. You know, like Joe Pepitone Week, or Jon Voight Week. Might be a big hit...

I never thought about it. That is certainly something to consider. Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tous said:

You forget, mi amigo, that I am culturally handicapped, even culture from the 1990s.  :biggrin:

As wee lads in the 1950s and early 1960s, we all knew of the New York Yankees, but I don't believe that I could name one player on the Atlanta Braves (stolen from Boston) of that era.

Back then, the 50-60's... you knew who was in First, and who was "In the cellar". And...damn near all the players on all the teams.

BECAUSE...There were only 10 teams in Both the American AND the National League.  That's right...Ted Williams, Mickey Mantle type days...Yogi Berra...I know I know...SO many more...On and on....Real Baseball...

The red seat...in right field of Fenway Park...

Ted Williams.  Longest ball ever hit to right field to this day...Least it use to be.  Ted was a Lefty batter.  The "Splendid Splinter"...

I traded a Babe Ruth card...got from my grand father...(I had 2) back in...58...For a Topps 58 Ted Williams...

image.png.03d7829bdc076001bfe24a83bd7d503b.png

Talk to me about "your cards".  I had Roy Campanell's card...in...here, let me show ya...How many of ya "Baseball" People ever seen this card?  

image.png.2c3cfe6b00a17261c9ef4b08d39b207c.png

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Back then, the 50-60's... you knew who was in First, and who was "In the cellar". And...damn near all the players on all the teams.

BECAUSE...There were only 10 teams in Both the American AND the National League.  That's right...Ted Williams, Mickey Mantle type days...Yogi Berra...I know I know...SO many more...On and on....Real Baseball...

The red seat...in right field of Fenway Park...

Ted Williams.  Longest ball ever hit to right field to this day...Least it use to be.  Ted was a Lefty batter.  The "Splendid Splinter"...

I traded a Babe Ruth card...got from my grand father...(I had 2) back in...58...For a Topps 58 Ted Williams...

image.png.03d7829bdc076001bfe24a83bd7d503b.png

Talk to me about "your cards".  I had Roy Campanell's card...in...here, let me show ya...How many of ya "Baseball" People ever seen this card?  

image.png.2c3cfe6b00a17261c9ef4b08d39b207c.png

sorry...didn't mean to run of topic....

• Eric unpinned this topic