How to yeet a bobcat

crockett

24 minutes ago, tous said:

I freely admit to being old and culturally disabled.

What the heck does yeet mean?

Is it even a word?

In the American English language?

:fred:

Hey tous I’m kinda with you on this. But I think it means shoot to kill. I could be wrong buddy. Hell I’m only 51 but I’m not up with all the hip talk. That Crockett is a young hip kinda dude. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

In the south,  it's someone asking if you are hungry.

"Yeet?  Sonic's open till 8."

Proper yappin' is JEET.  From the contradaction of the werds "did ju eat?"

Lawdy, some Peeples jesss gots no bringing up.

Talk like a Yankee he do!

• Like 1

I saw that the other day when a friend shared someone else sharing it on twitter. The comments were, well you can imagine. It truly is one of those videos you have to break down and watch several times to see everything. 

Around 4-5 seconds in, you can see the bobcat bounding across the street at the top left as it comes around the car and from behind the wife. Many claimed it wasnt big enough to be a bobcat but screenshots taken with it in midair show the true size stretched out in comparison to the husband. When he chases it back around the car, he already has a pistol drawn in his right hand. 

I had a screenshot of an update from a neighbor to get the correct info out but I have since deleted it. From what I recall the incident occurred in Burgaw, NC, the husband did shoot the animal, and it was truly a bobcat. It was taken to an NC State facility and confirmed to have rabies. The couple was receiving treatment at a local hospital. Lastly, the brownies unfortunately did not make it. I am unaware if the husband had washed his car yet as that info was not relayed.

Edited by jfost11
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Also, when I first watched it I was in a public place and I turned the volume down on my phone so I missed him saying it was a bobcat. I did hear him repeatedly saying "watch out" but, I misheard it and thought he was saying wood chuck. I thought they were being attacked by a groundhog. I had to get back to my car and watch it again to figure out what the heck was going on.

I wonder if he used a hi-point "yeet cannon".

https://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/hi-point-handguns/9mm-OGYC.php

Edited by jfost11
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

5671y9.jpg

That's still about the UGLIEST SOB I've ever seen!!!  My buddy had one.  I couldn't get it out of my hand fast enough!!  Some people love em though, and I hear they are reliable shooters.  I just can't stand the feel of the thing...and...HEAVY.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmohme said:

Sounds like a made up word to me.

With all due respect, amigo, most if not all words in any language are  made up, no?

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

That is budfreasdck.   <--- made that up

:biggrin:

Edited by tous
  • Like 2

I understand that it is endemic upon the young'uns to create and use jargon and a lingo that is separate from their parent's generation.

It is the young'uns way of saying, This is ours.  You didn't give this to us and you can't share.

When I worked in Europe in the 1990s, some countries, notably France, had government commissions dedicated to stamping out youthful argot and the invasion of foreign words.

The effort failed.

Kids made up their own language, foreign words took root and grew.

Once again, big government fails miserably.