How is the government paying for this massive stimulus spending?

pipedreams

So are we being taxed even when taxes aren't raised?

The Federal Reserve prints the money and then the government spends it into circulation. But when that happens, the value of all the money that’s already out there goes down and now the price of everything that you want to buy goes up. And that added price is basically the inflation tax.”

Congress just passed a $1.9 trillion stimulus bill. Nobody’s taxes got raised. But do we get all this government for free?

A profitable business pays no tax. It collects individual income tax and FICA from employees and sales tax from customers and sends them to government units. It “pays” the employer portion of FICA and FUTA and “pays” business income tax and various other business taxes. But every tax it “pays” is added to the prices of products and services it delivers, just like any other cost of doing business. So all so-called business taxes are collected from customers. Or in the case of employer FICA etc deducted from what might otherwise be employee compensation.

If the business is no longer profitable after collecting and remitting taxes it is soon gone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We will pay dearly in a loss of purchasing power.

"There is not enough demand for all of the Treasury bonds the US government is going to have to sell to finance this spending boondoggle.  So, the central bank will step in and prop up the bond market by purchasing US Treasuries on the open market with money created out of thin air. This creates artificial demand for bonds and keeps interest rates low. Meanwhile, all of this new money gets injected into the economy, driving inflation higher."

https://schiffgold.com/commentaries/whats-in-this-stimulus-bill-3-0-and-whos-going-to-pay-for-it/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yall need to start thinking outside of the box.

Don't do what most do, or will do. When the entire economy is at risk and you are part of the majority, you WILL suffer.

Find income sources that are either independent or deviate from well known avenues.

While I retired at age 40, I know how to start another business that pays all the bills, within a year. And if low demand / high taxes gets in the way due to Dem polices, I can fall back on my day trading. If the US exchanges would be regulated, I can trade foreign markets and all I need is an internet connection. I can grow a broker account outside the US as well.

My current daily average win is between 3 and 5%. With a working account as small as 10 grand I can pull 300 to 500 bucks a (market) day. That pays all the bills. While I usually don't keep any cash in savings accounts, I put aside 50 grands (taxed) a while ago, just in case. I'll transfer that into a Euro account this year. So if things go South around here, I can day trade with those 50k in an unaffected, foreign currency, outside the US stock market. At my current rate that's 40k a month before capital gains / income tax. If Biden & Co starts taxing that at an exorbitant level I'll be out of this sinking ship anyways.

Always have a plan. And a plan B.

• Like 2