2021 Anaconda

Dric902

From the first model offered by Samuel Colt in the 1830s until the early 2000s, the heart of Colt's Manufacturing was the revolver. Colt made its name with its innovative revolving cylinder, first seen in the 1836 Paterson, and revolvers were a principal part of the company's product offerings until 2005, when the last limited-production models rolled out of Colt's factory. Now, Colt is reviving its legendary "Snake Gun" lineup, and the latest re-introduction in 2021 is the Colt Anaconda chambered in .44 Mag.

Built on an enlarged Python receiver, the Colt Anaconda revolver is made from stainless steel and incorporates the same Linear Leaf Spring mechanism as the second-generation Python. This contributes to the smooth trigger pull and crisp break encountered on these newer Colt revolvers, giving revolver fans a better experience than that found even on original Pythons and Anacondas.

The second-generation Colt Anaconda features a six-round cylinder and can be had with either a 6" or 8" barrel. Depending on barrel length, the overall length of the revolver measures between 13" to 15". The suggested retail price on the Colt Anaconda is $1,499

7FA46698-2EFE-418B-9D52-972D33BEA3F5.jpeg.d0728bfb58db4ce3c831ac30f463c3bb.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators
1 minute ago, Historian said:

You are likely a fine judge of women and horses, sir.

I too enjoy the lines of that wheel gun.

I always liked the lines of the Python and of Dan Wesson revolvers. I'm a fan of S&W as well, of course. I've had a bunch of them.

Look at this sweet wheel gun. It came with cylinders for .22 Magnum and .22 Jet.

Smith-and-Wesson-Model-53-22-Magnum-and-39-The-Jetand-39-First-Year-Of-Production-Like-New-In-Origin_101689872_1564_BF4F3C86A53F8E32.jpg

Smith-and-Wesson-Model-53-22-Magnum-and-39-The-Jetand-39-First-Year-Of-Production-Like-New-In-Origin_101689872_1564_CC33A4A58A86D2CF.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

I always liked the lines of the Python and of Dan Wesson revolvers. I'm a fan of S&W as well, of course. I've had a bunch of them.

Look at this sweet wheel gun. It came with cylinders for .22 Magnum and .22 Jet.

Yeah, there's a lesson in class.  That blue is deeper than the Pacific.   Amazing pistols made back then.

About three years ago I wondered into what i describe as the "Wet Seal" of the gun world....you know that fashion shop in the mall I'm not young enough or cool enough to go into.

They had a Chief's special, box, papers, the guy who sold it...carried it as an FBI agent and wanted a good home for it....had a really nice deep blue and little holster ware.

It came home.  Damn nice pistol.

Smith and Colt surely made them.

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Historian said:

Yeah, there's a lesson in class.  That blue is deeper than the Pacific.   Amazing pistols made back then.

About three years ago I wondered into what i describe as the "Wet Seal" of the gun world....you know that fashion shop in the mall I'm not young enough or cool enough to go into.

They had a Chief's special, box, papers, the guy who sold it...carried it as an FBI agent and wanted a good home for it....had a really nice deep blue and little holster ware.

It came home.  Damn nice pistol.

Smith and Colt surely made them.

My uncle was a lawman in the Rim country of Arizona and in Alaska, for 35 years. When I was a kid, he carried a S&W Model 57 .41Mag. The pistol had been gone over by a very good gunsmith. It was the smoothest action I have ever seen on any wheel gun. It was just buttery-smooth.

20 minutes ago, Eric said:

My uncle was a lawman in the Rim country of Arizona and in Alaska, for 35 years. When I was a kid, he carried a S&W Model 57 .41Mag. The pistol had been gone over by a very good gunsmith. It was the smoothest action I have ever seen on any wheel gun. It was just buttery-smooth.

He musta known about ole Elmer Keith.  Hell, he was there.

41 mag was the king of rounds in the day. 

Eric, i hope you have lots of stories about a man like that.  Going from Arizona to Alaska...he must have been a man to recon with.

• Like 1

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Historian said:

Eric, i hope you have lots of stories about a man like that.  Going from Arizona to Alaska...he must have been a man to recon with.

He was tough as hell.

This pic of him was taken in Miami, AZ, a few blocks from where I was born.

J0198.thumb.jpg.4faddd36a6bab9e6e2a8b57c4da1ff34.jpg

Here is another pic of him a few years later.

J0121_001.thumb.jpg.4fcdb2fe398d7f45e094be9f124ce0fe.jpg

This is my favorite pic of him.

J0214.thumb.jpg.f85d2b5c3acfc320ef54eadf62973ab6.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Eric said:

He was tough as hell.

This is my favorite pic of him.

Looks a bit like Thell Reed in that last photo, Eric.

Might have known each other.  Either way.  You're uncle looks like a man to recon with.  

As Marty Robins sang, "Big iron on his leg....."

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Historian said:

I have a copy of his book by that name.  I need to read it.

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2021 at 8:33 PM, Eric said:

Smith-and-Wesson-Model-53-22-Magnum-and-39-The-Jetand-39-First-Year-Of-Production-Like-New-In-Origin_101689872_1564_BF4F3C86A53F8E32.jpg

Smith-and-Wesson-Model-53-22-Magnum-and-39-The-Jetand-39-First-Year-Of-Production-Like-New-In-Origin_101689872_1564_CC33A4A58A86D2CF.jpg

I always wanted one of those especially with the 8 3/8ths inch barrel so I could get maximum velocity out of the 22 Jet cartridge

• Like 1