It’s Idiot Season.

Batesmotel

I live near Clermont, FL. Pretty, country, hilly, windy roads. Those idiots in tights are out there year round blocking up traffic and being obnoxious. Makes a fella wanna buy an old cheap car and cover the front and passenger sides with pool noodles...

Funny. I was in a bicycle shop today and test-rode a couple bikes including one with pedal assist. I'll be getting one and put it on a hitch rack, on my minivan. I'd like to get around in these small beach towns and not just drive right through.

You ******* better don't hit me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

WTactualF is that please?

An electric motor that adds power depending on the mode you pick, anywhere from 20% to over 300%, based on the power you put into the pedals.

It's a weird sensation. Fells kinda like getting a massive wind from the back and makes pedaling super easy. The battery lasts - depending on the mode selected - from 25 to 80 miles.

These bikes have no dedicated throttle so no license or insurance needed.

They run from 2k to 8k.

Edited by crockett
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, crockett said:

An electric motor that adds power depending on the mode you pick, anywhere from 20% to over 300%, based on the power you put into the pedals.

It's a weird sensation. Fells kinda like getting a massive wind from the back and makes pedaling super easy. The battery lasts - depending on the mode selected - from 25 to 80 miles.

They run from 2k to 8k.

Many states, including Tennessee, treat gasoline powered scooters with under 50cc engines the same way - no license tag, no operators license/endorsement, no liability insurance. Some resort communities have shops with fleets of these scooters for rental. Beware, though. In many cases the innocent seeming scooters are gateway drugs to motorcycles. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, crockett said:

Funny. I was in a bicycle shop today and test-rode a couple bikes including one with pedal assist. I'll be getting one and put it on a hitch rack, on my minivan. I'd like to get around in these small beach towns and not just drive right through.

You ****ers better don't hit me!

Don't you be protesting in the streets pal, or we gon' pave da road wit yo ass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, crockett said:

They run from 2k to 8k.

Regenerative braking?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Many states, including Tennessee, treat gasoline powered scooters with under 50cc engines the same way - no license tag, no operators license/endorsement, no liability insurance. Some resort communities have shops with fleets of these scooters for rental. Beware, though. In many cases the innocent seeming scooters are gateway drugs to motorcycles. 

Yeah, but I hate those scooters. Zero work-out, they stink, they still get in the way of traffic, horrible brakes / ergonomics etc.

I used to race in SuperBike Unlimited (liter bikes with 200 horses to the rear wheel), club level, not AMA. There is no way in hell I'd touch one of those beta male homo scooters.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Maser said:

Maybe need more of these guys around.  ;)

I'm your Huckleberry.  That guy is the ****.

"Sharrow", okay dipshit.  We have a very nice bike lane next to the road here and the asshats have to come out and ride in the road anyway.  I have an e-bike I like to ride, I stay the hell out of the road.  There are tons of places to ride where you don't get in the way.

• Like 1

Cyclist, 58, is killed after ignoring stop signs at Miami River drawbridge and falling between gap as his friend just cleared it

• Fred Medina, 58, died around 6 am Wednesday on his morning bike ride from Aventura to Key Biscayne with a friend 
  • The married father-of-two tried to make it past the South Miami Avenue Bridge that links downtown Miami and Brickell over the Miami River
  • Police said the avid cyclist tried to overtake the opening as its warning arms levered downward and the whistle blew 
  • His friend reportedly managed to cross the bridge ahead of Medina 
  • But Medina didn't make it in time and was left clinging on to the bridge as it rose into the air before plummeting to his death
  • The 58-year-old, who rode the same journey almost every morning, was found unresponsive on the platform of the bridge
  • He was an entertainment and technology executive in Latin American media
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9376235/Bicyclist-falls-death-trying-beat-Miami-drawbridge.html

1 hour ago, RenoF250 said:

I'm your Huckleberry.  That guy is the ****.

"Sharrow", okay dipshit.  We have a very nice bike lane next to the road here and the asshats have to come out and ride in the road anyway.  I have an e-bike I like to ride, I stay the hell out of the road.  There are tons of places to ride where you don't get in the way.

That old loudmouth in the video lol

No matter what happened, you get in my face like that and threaten to kill me, and you WILL hit the ground hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't stand some cyclists.  They want to be treated like vehicles, but also have the privileges of being pedestrians. Just last Saturday morning I was driving to a match, 45 mph road, and two cyclists blew through a stop sign on a cross street (didn't want to hurt their times I guess) and pulled in front of me.  So at that point they don't think they're vehicles, so the stop sign doesn't apply to them.  Of course then they proceed to ride side by side in the lane, so they expect to be treated like vehicles, just vehicles that are traveling 30 mph below the posted limit.  I passed them, and got the bird from one of them as I did.  Not sure why, it was a passing zone, I guess they resented the fact that I wasn't willing to drive behind them for the next six miles.  

Twenty years ago I would have stopped and broken the fingers of mr. bird, then wrapped his bike around his head.   As it was I gave them some loud exhaust noises to ponder and went about my business. 

I can sympathize with Mickey and Mallory for sure.

Edited by Wyzz Kydd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have never had any issues with cyclists. When I see them on the road, I slow down and pass when I can maintain some distance. After all they don't have a cage that protects them. The few times I see one of them on the road, they keep to the right, even when they could legally make use of the entire lane. And if they would, I'd consider them equal to any other slow vehicle like a farm tractor or a slow scooter... wait till there is room and pass.

Most cyclists I see are riding those outer bank islands. They have their own bike lane right next to the main road. I still slow down and keep distance when passing. If one would ever go down and drop into the road, I wouldn't want to run them over, no matter if they made a mistake or not.

Not sure what the generalized hate is all about. At least they try to stay fit and healthy.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1