Rib Disappointment

tadbart

I spent a miserable last week down in Miami, trying to get my company's clinic in shape down there. Work, eat, hotel, repeat.

Francisca's Charcoal, Chicken, and Meat was an option one night. Got half a chicken and some black beans and rice. The chicken was juicy, spiced and grilled to perfection. Couple days go by, and I figured I'd go back and try the ribs. Was hoping for something similar to the chicken. Nah. dripping in meh sweetish sauce, not spiced anywhere near as well as the chicken. Oh well.

I just miss my Messicans out there in Phoenix, and their AMAZING cooking. 

On a very happy note, we'll be opening up a clinic in San Antonio this year, which guarantees to be a week of hard work, good eats and drinks, and a bit of exploring. Perhaps I'll get to meet a couple of you BSers out there!

You really gotta know Miami from living there to find the good, none touristy places.

Best (baby back) ribs around: Flanigan's Seafood Bar and Grill North Miami, more locations

Best wings period: Shuckers Waterfront Bar & Grill North Bay Village

Best skirt steaks / Argentinean food: Baires Grill Brickell

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

Bates, I cannot argue against your statement at all. When you get GOOD Mexican food, you KNOW it. When you get a nasty substitute, it is equally as glaringly obvious.

Brickell. Like "tickle." Not like Edie and her new Bohemians. Honestly, I have no intention of going back to Miami other than passing by on the way to the Keys. I ain't leave nothin, love nothin, or lose nothin down there in that town.

22 hours ago, tadbart said:

I spent a miserable last week down in Miami, trying to get my company's clinic in shape down there. Work, eat, hotel, repeat.

Francisca's Charcoal, Chicken, and Meat was an option one night. Got half a chicken and some black beans and rice. The chicken was juicy, spiced and grilled to perfection. Couple days go by, and I figured I'd go back and try the ribs. Was hoping for something similar to the chicken. Nah. dripping in meh sweetish sauce, not spiced anywhere near as well as the chicken. Oh well.

I just miss my Messicans out there in Phoenix, and their AMAZING cooking. 

On a very happy note, we'll be opening up a clinic in San Antonio this year, which guarantees to be a week of hard work, good eats and drinks, and a bit of exploring. Perhaps I'll get to meet a couple of you BSers out there!

There’s good Mexican food and then there’s superior Mexican food.   When you’re in San Antone area, see if you can hit this joint. 

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1819495948378109&ref=content_filter