This is why they need to bless the rains down in Africa.

Silentpoet

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

Sweet home Alabama.  I am in Arkansas man, screw Alabama.

BTW, I’ve always wondered about something. If a couple gets married in Arkansas and divorced in a different state, are they still brother and sister?

:banana:

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Eric said:

I hate that ******* song. I have since the first time I heard it, when I was in high school. This is the only good Toto song and after they released Africa, I hated myself every time I listened to it, just knowing that they also sang that abomination.

The only thing good I can say about Toto’s Africa is that at least it isn’t Eye of the Tiger.

And I had such high hopes for our friendship. :anim_rofl2:

• Like 1

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

Sweet home Alabama.  I am in Arkansas man, screw Alabama.

Sorry, man. I’m busting chops today. Ask anyone.

FWIW, I love Hot Springs, Arkansas. It is a beautiful area. 

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

Sorry, man. I’m busting chops today. Ask anyone.

FWIW, I love Hot Springs, Arkansas. It is a beautiful area. 

Last time I went there I took a kid to a placement there.  Kid is a turd, but I loved him anyway.   He is still in the system  Probably will be for life, to quote another song.

• Like 1

• Administrators
Just now, Silentpoet said:

Last time I went there I took a kid to a placement there.  Kid is a turd, but I loved him anyway.   He is still in the system  Probably will be for life, to quote another song.

My family went there when I was eight or so. I remember that there were a bunch of billboards for a tourist trap with full-size ‘dinosaurs’. I assumed they were skeletons and I was excited. I was damned disappointed when we finally got there, just out of Hot Springs, and the damned dinosaurs were just plaster, or concrete, or whatever they used. That was my first bitter lesson concerning roadside tourist traps. There would be many others. 

1 minute ago, Eric said:

My family went there when I was eight or so. I remember that there were a bunch of billboards for a tourist trap with full-size ‘dinosaurs’. I assumed they were skeletons and I was excited. I was damned disappointed when we finally got there, just out of Hot Springs, and the damned dinosaurs were just plaster, or concrete, or whatever they used. That was my first bitter lesson concerning roadside tourist traps. There would be many others. 

There was a dinosaur park near Eureka Springs.  It was no Jurrassic park, but I guess it was ok.  Not very memorable.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

There was a dinosaur park near Eureka Springs.  It was no Jurrassic park, but I guess it was ok.  Not very memorable.

Maybe that’s what I’m thinking of. That was like 45 years ago. My experiences may vary. I know we were going to Hot Springs that day though. 

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

But is there ANYTHING worse than We Built This City?

Not according to VH1. It topped their Top 50 Worst Songs Evah. That was a while back, plenty of $hitty runs put out since then that easily eclipse it.

Edited by MO Fugga

• 5 weeks later...