Beware

willie-pete

25 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

The ides are not to be tinkered with. 

But it’s only Kraft. 

In Jr. High School one dayn the teacher asked what was significant about the Ides of March?

I got the high score that day when I announced, "Income Tax day!".

• Like 3

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, janice6 said:

In Jr. High School one dayn the teacher asked what was significant about the Ides of March?

I got the high score that day when I announced, "Income Tax day!".

I once had my science teacher call on me in class and ask me how genes affect reproduction. I told her that if you had jeans on, you couldn’t reproduce. She paddled me. True story.  She didn’t like me much and my parents signed the corporal punishment permission slips each year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Eric said:

I once had my science teacher call on me in class and ask me how genes affect reproduction. I told her that if you had jeans on, you couldn’t reproduce. She paddled me. True story.  She didn’t like me much and my parents signed the corporal punishment permission slips each year. 

She would have done ya if you said make election day march 16. Maybe not. Union *****.

Edited by MO Fugga
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Yeah...I got the paddle a few times, back when teachers could do actual discipline.  I had one history teacher in 9th grade, would take ya out of the classroom..."you.. outside.. NOW!". He'd grab ya by the shoulders, slam ya against the lockers out in the hall...but not really.  He'd stop  right before ya hit the locker, and kick the locker with his foot.  Made a hell of a racket, and the class thought he was beating the hell out of ya.:D

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Yeah...I got the paddle a few times, back when teachers could do actual discipline.  I had one history teacher in 9th grade, would take ya out of the classroom..."you.. outside.. NOW!". He'd grab ya by the shoulders, slam ya against the lockers out in the hall...but not really.  He'd stop  right before ya hit the locker, and kick the locker with his foot.  Made a hell of a racket, and the class thought he was beating the hell out of ya.:D

In high school,  the teachers didn't even mess with silly detention for the incorrigible.  They'd go have a chat with a gym teacher (the wrestling coach).

You'd just be walking down the hallway,  and a giant sasquatch  arm would suddenly envelope your shoulders,  "We need to have a talk."  Locker-room time.

I got hacked all the way through school. 1st grade right through Sr year. 1st day of 7th grade me and an NDN kid both got whailed on with a jump rope for fighting in the locker room. Something that was unsettled from the year before when we were in different schools and had played basketball against each other. 

• Like 2

My father had a quirky sense of humor (imagine). He had an aunt, Kathleen, who loved him dearly ("Petey was always my favorite" she often told me), and who was quite superstitious. She and her husband, Dad's Uncle Foots, would always stamp a gray mare whenever they saw one. Anyway, Dad used to sneak onto her back porch where she kept her calendar and write cryptic warnings on random days, such as "BEWARE!" on March 18, and "Stay inside!" on May 7. As far as we knew she never figured out that he was the culprit, or maybe she did and just never let on. Anyway, I thought it was a cool little relationship. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zonny said:

:dunno:

Sorry, I meant a gray mule. The process was to lick one's right thumb and press it into the left palm, then hammer the palm with the right fist. Supposedly such action would bring luck to the "stamper". My childhood was peppered with similar activities. :supergrin:

33 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Sorry, I meant a gray mule. The process was to lick one's right thumb and press it into the left palm, then hammer the palm with the right fist. Supposedly such action would bring luck to the "stamper". My childhood was peppered with similar activities. :supergrin:

Well...that’s a new one for me. :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zonny said:

Well...that’s a new one for me. :)

My great-aunt Annie, Foots' sister, used to warn us never to eat at roadside tables, for they were infested with fleas. She also said we should never write our names and addresses on scraps of paper and throw them out the car windows, for obvious reasons. She was a Grand Old Lady of the South.

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

This sounds what Maureen did in the Quiet Man.  She'd fake spit in her left palm, then hammer-fist it.  

Wards against evil and stuff.  

• Like 1