Derek Chauvin’s Trial: Countdown to a Kangaroo Court

1 minute ago, Dric902 said:

< all that >

this is not the case to set your hat on. 

Oh, I'm not setting my hat on it. I think it's the natural result of bad choices by a liberal city government. Whether Chauvin is convicted or not there will be continued rioting until either the wasp or the bumblebee dies. I just disagree that Chauvin is guilty of anything other than bad choice of employment, is all. 

• Like 3

The ME offered no measurable science on his opinion of the police restraint. No physical metrics, just his opinion that with heart disease & poor heath, drugs on board... any strain could be fatal.

No physical evidence.

No bruising.
No tissue damage.
No oxygen or blood deprivation.

"Police Restraint", as in being handcuffed, retrained in any manner.

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

• Like 5

I think the hostile idiot bystanders share a good deal of responsibility for Floyd's death.  Gathering in numbers, shouting, threatening, approaching, taunting the cops.  They distracted them from monitoring Floyd's behaviors, putting the officers in a hypervigilant, "eyes up, head on a swivel" defensive mode.  Given the behavior of the BLM/ANTIFA assclowns all last and so far all this year, who could fault them for looking primarily to their own defense.  

Stand back, look and record all you want.  But shut up and let the officers do their job.

The day we cease to restrain subjects who we have reason to believe have committed crimes and who resist arrest, for fear that they may have health problems will be the day that anarchy rules our society.  And where there are no police, every infraction can carry the death penalty, administered by the intended victim.

Edited by Gunboat1
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, TBO said:

The ME offered no measurable science on his opinion of the police restraint. No physical metrics, just his opinion that with heart disease & poor heath, drugs on board... any strain could be fatal.

No physical evidence.

No bruising.
No tissue damage.
No oxygen or blood deprivation.

"Police Restraint", as in being handcuffed, retrained in any manner.

So he made it up?

(he did testify to oxygen deprivation)

19 minutes ago, Gunboat1 said:

I think the hostile idiot bystanders share a good deal of responsibility for Floyd's death.  Gathering in numbers, shouting, threatening, approaching, taunting the cops.  They distracted them from monitoring Floyd's behaviors, putting the officers in a hypervigilant, "eyes up, head on a swivel" defensive mode.  Given the behavior of the BLM/ANTIFA assclowns all last and so far all this year, who could fault them for looking primarily to their own defense.  

Stand back, look and record all you want.  But shut up and let the officers do their job.

The day we cease to restrain subjects who we have reason to believe have committed crimes and who resist arrest, for fear that they may have health problems will be the day that anarchy rules our society.  And where there are no police, every infraction can carry the death penalty, administered by the intended victim.

Restrain them all day

dont let them die in custody

but so you see how the BLM/ANTIFA buzzwords entered in. They had nothing to do with this case, only the reaction.

you can’t resist when you’re dead.

Edited by Dric902

Jurors in Chauvin trial are shown disturbing autopsy pictures of Floyd's face with cuts over his eyebrow, cheek, nose and upper lip as forensic pathologist testifies the officer's compression caused his death

• Forensic pathologist Dr. Lindsey Thomas testified as a prosecution witness Friday in the trial of Derek Chauvin
  • Dr. Thomas claimed that George Floyd died as a result of 'low oxygen' or 'asphyxia'  
  • 'This is a death where both the heart and lungs stopped working and the point is that it is due to subdual restraint and compression,' she said. 'The activities of the law enforcement officers led to Mr. Floyd's death'
  • In an extraordinary move Judge Cahill decided that autopsy images of Floyd would not be displayed in court but handed in packets to the individual jurors and people in court 
  • The photos showed Floyd's face with abrasions over his left eyebrow and cheek and small cuts on his nose and upper lip, bearing the echo of injuries sustained as he tried to push himself up to breathe
  • Dr. Thomas, a pathologist of 37 years experience who has conducted more than 5,000 autopsies, was on the stand the day after the court heard compelling medical testimony from expert pulmonologist Martin Tobin 
  • Tobin, who has worked in critical care and pulmonology for more than 45 years, told jurors Floyd died from a 'low level of oxygen' after he was pinned to the ground   
  • Both expert witnesses were unequivocal in their views that Floyd died not from an overdose of fentanyl or its interplay with excited delirium and his pre-existing cardiac disease 
  • Floyd's cause of death has become the most contested issue of Chauvin's trial so far with the defense claiming he died as a result of a drug overdose 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9453773/Forensic-pathologist-testifies-Chauvin-trial-George-Floyd-died-restraint-compression.html

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

but so you see how the BLM/ANTIFA buzzwords entered in. They had nothing to do with this case, only the reaction.

Wrong.   They have created and stoked an environment of mistrust, lack of cooperation, disobedience,  extreme unlawful behavior, aggression, hostility, assault and attempted murder of police and other authority.   It permeates many urban environments, especially in minority areas.  They are using the mess they have carefully orchestrated to try and bring down our society, through intimidation and mayhem.

It was in that environment that the officers encountered Saint George of the 'Hood.

They are responsible for the atmosphere they have made, and continue to foster, and for its effects on race relations, public discourse, and the reactions to their behaviors.  They own it.

Edited by Gunboat1
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TBO said:

Did he quantify it with hard data, with physical evidence? No.

It was his opinion.

So the ME never explained what brought him to that conclusion in his autopsy? Never showed how he came to that cause of death?
or you didn’t hear the entire testimony and cross examination?

probably ‘in on it’

50 minutes ago, Gunboat1 said:

Wrong.   They have created and stoked an environment of mistrust, lack of cooperation, disobedience,  extreme unlawful behavior, aggression, hostility, assault and attempted murder of police and other authority.   It permeates many urban environments, especially in minority areas.  They are using the mess they have carefully orchestrated to try and bring down our society, through intimidation and mayhem.

It was in that environment that the officers encountered Saint George of the 'Hood.

They are responsible for the atmosphere they have made, and continue to foster, and for its effects on race relations, public discourse, and the reactions to their behaviors.  They own it.

“They’ who?

“Saint George of the Hood”

”carefully orchestrated”

”they own it”

Go back or Aryan Nation with that crap. 

10 minutes ago, TBO said:

You know as well as I, that was a set up, rating getter, propaganda, stunt.

about as much “proof” as the morons for months that “told us” what the autopsy said.

I’m done, y’all simmer in your stew.

6 hours ago, Dric902 said:

“They’ who?

“Saint George of the Hood”

”carefully orchestrated”

”they own it”

Go back or Aryan Nation with that crap. 

BLM, ANTIFA and the shrill race-baiting panderers and apologists for them;  that's who "they" are.  And their riots, looting, burning, and other criminal activities are and have been carefully orchestrated. 

So, yes.  They own it.  Totally.

I can't "go back" to somewhere I've never been.  But if the truth of the situation hurts your progressive little feelings so bad, you might be more comfortable hanging out on DU instead of spouting the radical party line here.  We ain't buying what you're trying so hard to sell.

Edited by Gunboat1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The judicial system of the US isn’t radical.

try Stormfront, they agree with you completely.

lets wait for the inevitable charge of corruption and railroading before the racist BS comes out.

I don’t expect you I’ll so I’ll ignore the Klan crap

2 hours ago, Dric902 said:

The judicial system of the US isn’t radical.

try Stormfront, they agree with you completely.

lets wait for the inevitable charge of corruption and railroading before the racist BS comes out.

I don’t expect you I’ll so I’ll ignore the Klan crap

9 hours ago, Dric902 said:

I’m done, y’all simmer in your stew..

Thought you was done? :greensupergrin:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gunboat1 said:

BLM, ANTIFA and the shrill race-baiting panderers and apologists for them;  that's who "they" are.  And their riots, looting, burning, and other criminal activities are and have been carefully orchestrated. 

So, yes.  They own it.  Totally.

I can't "go back" to somewhere I've never been.  But if the truth of the situation hurts your progressive little feelings so bad, you might be more comfortable hanging out on DU instead of spouting the radical party line here.  We ain't buying what you're trying so hard to sell.

Why? He gets paid to be here. Agent provocateur. That said, I would hate for this to be an echo chamber. We need measured, intelligent opposing views to test the validity of our position.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NPTim said:

Why? He gets paid to be here. Agent provocateur. That said, I would hate for this to be an echo chamber. We need measured, intelligent opposing views to test the validity of our position.

I do?

where’s my back pay, Eric?

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

When im accused of being a liberal and told to go to DU by a blatantly racist stereotypical baiter......I respond, then ignore.

Responding after a flounce has the same effect on one's credibility as wrinkles in one's duct tape. One should just dip it once and END IT! :greensupergrin:

13 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Responding after a flounce has the same effect on one's credibility as wrinkles in one's duct tape. One should just dip it once and END IT! :greensupergrin:

You never heard the “let a sleeping dog” remark?

leave me alone and I’m done with this whole topic, quote and attack and I have no choice but respond or tuck my tail (I don’t do that)

now I’m a liberal from DU and get paid to post here? I should not say anything? 

I think it’s interesting how JFK would be a Conservative Republican today. But as a lifelong, hardcore, rock ribbed, conservative Reagan Republican is now....provocateur and opposing?

it says more about the state of the ‘right’ than it does me.

leave me alone, I don’t care about Cauvin, he’s a bad cop and caused the death of a detainee. Quote and attack me then it isn’t about the thread topic, I won’t shut up because you “said mean things”

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

You never heard the “let a sleeping dog” remark?

leave me alone and I’m done with this whole topic, quote and attack and I have no choice but respond or tuck my tail (I don’t do that)

now I’m a liberal from DU and get paid to post here? I should not say anything? 

I think it’s interesting how JFK would be a Conservative Republican today. But as a lifelong, hardcore, rock ribbed, conservative Reagan Republican is now....provocateur and opposing?

it says more about the state of the ‘right’ than it does me.

leave me alone, I don’t care about Cauvin, he’s a bad cop and caused the death of a detainee. Quote and attack me then it isn’t about the thread topic, I won’t shut up because you “said mean things”

Now you're getting mad. ;)

As noted many times, this is a conservative forum which supports cops and doesn't care for the rabble used by the "progressives". You (and a few others) provide a very useful and usually well-reasoned counterpoint, and in many cases many of us arch conservatives agree with your positions. But not always, and you should (and I'm sure do) expect a fair ration of poop.

However, a flounce is still a flounce, and I relish poking anyone who does a flounce bounce. :greensupergrin:

I’m not mad at all, reasoned debate is awesome. Ignorant and petty attacks are just that.

this is a conservative forum and I do support LEO (three friends) Sheriffs dept (one) and the prosecutors (one)

every one of them thinks and openly says that a bad cop has to go, it makes them all look bad and contributes to the stereotype, endangering them all.

they think he is scum and needs to go, as do the fellow officers and chief who have testified against him. 
he is supported by the political acts and animals here because..........politics. Battle lines dawn and defend to the extreme of spin, denial, and outright lies to support their chosen position and attack all disagreement with accusations and assumptions based on a cookie cutter image in their imaginations.

a flounce from thread is only as good as the quotes and attacks following. 
Have you noticed that it isn’t about the case anymore, but what my political persuasions?

leave the dog alone and you won’t get bit. My tail don’t tuck.

Edited by Dric902