Derek Chauvin’s Trial: Countdown to a Kangaroo Court

2 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

If a drunk driver crashes into a bridge abutment at 80 mph and dies the cause of death is not failure to obey the speed limit. Floyd didn't die because he failed to follow a cop's orders. He died because he ODed on fentanyl.

He died with a cop holding him down, not doing CPR, not providing first aid, not shooting him with Narcan, not calling for medics.

holding him down while he died.

9 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

If a drunk driver crashes into a bridge abutment at 80 mph and dies the cause of death is not failure to obey the speed limit. Floyd didn't die because he failed to follow a cop's orders. He died because he ODed on fentanyl.

Doesn't matter what drugs were in his system.  This upcoming trial is NOT a case of Floyd's drug usage, but rather a case of whether or not Chauvin accelerated Floyd's death.  Believe it or not if you accelerate someone's death from an OD, that's a crime.  Same as if you provoke someone to commit suicide and they do it.  I'd highly recommend misinformed members here to watch some videos from criminal defense attorneys because they're very informative if you can get past the boring nature of lawyer talk. ;)

21 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

He died with a cop holding him down, not doing CPR, not providing first aid, not shooting him with Narcan, not calling for medics.

holding him down while he died.

10 minutes ago, Maser said:

Doesn't matter what drugs were in his system.  This upcoming trial is NOT a case of Floyd's drug usage, but rather a case of whether or not Chauvin accelerated Floyd's death.  Believe it or not if you accelerate someone's death from an OD, that's a crime.  Same as if you provoke someone to commit suicide and they do it.  I'd highly recommend misinformed members here to watch some videos from criminal defense attorneys because they're very informative if you can get past the boring nature of lawyer talk. ;)

First you say Chauvin should have provided first aid and CPR due to Floyd's drug use, then you say it doesn't matter what drugs were in his system. That's a little odd. :)

Irregardless, you haven't showed intent on Chauvin's part, and I think that's necessary to prove the left's case. (assuming facts even matter anymore). Otherwise Chauvin acted in accordance with his department's standard procedures, and Floyd's death is just another OD.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Negligence/dereliction doesn’t require intent.

it doesn’t matter what drug were in his system.
OD, heart attack, stroke, etc require a response from the officers detaining him. All of them, not just the one holding him down. 

you can’t just hold him down while he dies in your custody.

the rest is politics 

Edited by Dric902

40 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Negligence/dereliction doesn’t require intent.

it doesn’t matter what drug were in his system.
OD, heart attack, stroke, etc require a response from the officers detaining him. All of them, not just the one holding him down. 

you can’t just hold him down while he dies in your custody.

the rest is politics 

Oh, I see where my problem lies, then. I was under the impression that Chauvin is charged with murder. You're saying that this trial is about "negligence/dereliction" or perhaps not being politically correct, I guess. If that's the case why is everyone calling it a murder trial? IANAL, but from watching Perry Mason & Matlock I think "murder" is a kinda specific thing that requires some kinda specific proof. Am I just totally out of touch with today's sensitive society? :supergrin:

• Like 2

A murder trial?  Last I checked it was a wrongful death trial.  What I saw on the videos and what I read, I don't see a murder on video, I see manslaughter.  I don't believe for a second that Chauvin woke up that day and said "gee I wanna kill a big black meth head today".  I've seen plenty of cold blooded murder vids from both cops and civilians to know what a murder looks like on video. 

This is just my own Alex Jones style theory here, but I personally think there may have been some weird love triangle going on between Floyd, Chauvin, and Chauvin's girlfriend behind the scenes, but that's just a theory.  Like I said above, I don't see a murder in the videos. 

17 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Oh, I see where my problem lies, then. I was under the impression that Chauvin is charged with murder. You're saying that this trial is about "negligence/dereliction" or perhaps not being politically correct, I guess. If that's the case why is everyone calling it a murder trial? IANAL, but from watching Perry Mason & Matlock I think "murder" is a kinda specific thing that requires some kinda specific proof. Am I just totally out of touch with today's sensitive society? :supergrin:

He, and the others, are charged with numerous charges.

politics is heavily involved. 
watch what happens

Take the emotion out if it.

that’s why they spent weeks arguing for and against third degree murder. The charge is based on the case of the black officer that shot and killed the white woman a few years back. 
you can freely overcharge in a case if you have lessor accepted charges for the jury to convict of. 

then it’s all theatre.

dont fall for the faux outrage pushed by the meme queens

40 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

So we are agreed then - it's a show trial before a kangaroo court. 

It’s a politically explosive theatre trial.

the overcharging, press kabuki, race baiting commentators, meme generators, outrage merchants are having a field day

When it comes out at trial that the autopsy results were withheld from day 3 to August 25th and allowed Minneapolis to burn, and 4 officers to be held in jail over a drug od.....the show is over. All 4 will be rich men from the ensuing civil suit.  No wonder they were in such a rush to settle Pink Floyd's OD. This whole deal is going to crumble like the Duke lacrosse case. I see disbarment coming for those who conspired to cover up the exhonerating evidence.

I gotta laugh at some on this thread that think narcan is a silver bullet against od. Floyd had enough fentanyl in him to kill a horse.

Edited by ARP
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ARP said:

When it comes out at trial that the autopsy results were withheld from day 3 to August 25th and allowed Minneapolis to burn, and 4 officers to be held in jail over a drug od.....the show is over. All 4 will be rich men from the ensuing civil suit.  No wonder they were in such a rush to settle Pink Floyd's OD. This whole deal is going to crumble like the Duke lacrosse case. I see disbarment coming for those who conspired to cover up the exhonerating evidence.

I gotta laugh at some on this thread that think narcan is a silver bullet against od. Floyd had enough fentanyl in him to kill a horse.

THANK YOU!!! That's the only logical outcome of this shitstorm.

ETA: In a world that makes sense, that is.

Edited by MO Fugga
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MO Fugga said:

THANK YOU!!! That's the only logical outcome of this ****storm.

ETA: In a world that makes sense, that is.

Not likely

if you were arrested, even by mistake, and had a heart attack and died while the cops held you down.......your family would sue the crap out of them.

black, white, brown or green. The arresting officer has a responsibility to render aid.

they didn’t (all four of them) and apparently this cop had a history that doesn’t live up to your expectations.

don’t buy the hype, the courtroom is going to be very boring compared to the press conferences and meme activists.

Edited by Dric902

22 minutes ago, Maser said:

Floyd's family is pretty much the only winners here by being $27 million richer. 

Don’t forget the lawyers, race baiters on both sides, and the political commentators.

and, of course, the meme queens

Edited by Dric902

Officer Chauvin is Guilty.

of creating bad Optics in the way he held someone who initiated a Police Encounter by having to be asked 10 times to "Show his hands" and chose to disregard some pretty reasonable and simple requests every one of us know as routine.

i`m not Law Enforcement, but i know that First Impressions are the ones that make the Difference.

Floyd was complaining about being short of breath and "couldn't Breath" when he was Originally placed in the back of the Cruiser, well before he was laid on the Ground while waiting for EMS.

Floyd was in Physical and Mental distress, Resisted Arrest at least three times and failed to follow simple orders.

he was put in that position because of his Distress.

it was a Stupid thing for Chauvin to do (yeah i know its Trained and SOP) but.

in this Environment of Anti-Police sentiment it created Bad Optics and fueled the Fire against Law Enforcement.

proper procedure or not, that is how he got into this Situation.

the White Suburban College Shitheads that Jetted in to Burn down Black and Asian owned Businesses and loot and Vandalize Native Owned and Funded Day cares and Schools in the name of Equality don`t give **** one for George Floyd. they did what they did because its all they do.

no one should Die face down in the street, but Floyd was 46 years old had Covid Hypertension Heart Disease, Asthma and Meth, fentanyl and Cannabis in his system when he died with no signs of traumatic asphyxia

that's why Ellison hid the other Camera footage and withheld the Autopsy and Official results for weeks..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Maser said:

Speaking of evidence, does anyone know what really happened to the fake bill that started this whole fiasco?

they were used as Evidence in the trial to Dismiss charges against Officer Lane.

its actually two $20 Dollar bills and two $1 Dollar bills that were on the front seat and a wad of loose bills wedged into the seat and Console.

the two $20s and two $1s are Counterfeit.

the AG hasn't released Evidence AFAIK but i`m sure they are marked as it int he Trial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

Officer Chauvin is Guilty.

of creating bad Optics in the way he held someone who initiated a Police Encounter by having to be asked 10 times to "Show his hands" and chose to disregard some pretty reasonable and simple requests every one of us know as routine.

i`m not Law Enforcement, but i know that First Impressions are the ones that make the Difference.

Floyd was complaining about being short of breath and "couldn't Breath" when he was Originally placed in the back of the Cruiser, well before he was laid on the Ground while waiting for EMS.

Floyd was in Physical and Mental distress, Resisted Arrest at least three times and failed to follow simple orders.

he was put in that position because of his Distress.

it was a Stupid thing for Chauvin to do (yeah i know its Trained and SOP) but.

in this Environment of Anti-Police sentiment it created Bad Optics and fueled the Fire against Law Enforcement.

proper procedure or not, that is how he got into this Situation.

the White Suburban College ****heads that Jetted in to Burn down Black and Asian owned Businesses and loot and Vandalize Native Owned and Funded Day cares and Schools in the name of Equality don`t give **** one for George Floyd. they did what they did because its all they do.

no one should Die face down in the street, but Floyd was 46 years old had Covid Hypertension Heart Disease, Asthma and Meth, fentanyl and Cannabis in his system when he died with no signs of traumatic asphyxia

that's why Ellison hid the other Camera footage and withheld the Autopsy and Official results for weeks..

I don't give a crap. The fact that he held a gun to a pregnant woman's belly sealed it for me. Hope he burns in hell and JG Wentworth rapes his ghetto lottery winning family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why he was arrested is irrelevant

what he died from is irrelevant

the riots are irrelevant

the press coverage and outrage are irrelevant

there are plenty of police on this very forum, how many would hold a detainee down while he died without trying to render first aid?       
none I expect, neither would an of my LEO friends, Deputy Sheriff, or the Prosecutor family friend. 

OD, heart attack, stroke, suffocation, slashed his own wrists, banging his head on the door, whatever.

I would like to know if they were required to carry Narcan in the cruisers, and why they didn’t use it (any of the four)

not a conservative thing, not a liberal thing, or a BLM thing, not a meme thing, not a faux outrage thing, not a trump thing. The case itself is pretty cut and dried.

Did he die in custody? Yes. Did you do anything? No....

Case closed

any other case, without the coverage. The cop would get, at most, 18 months at a minimum security resort and be out in 4.

Edited by Dric902