Derek Chauvin’s Trial: Countdown to a Kangaroo Court

As much as I enjoy watching liberal governments hoisted upon their own petards, the fustercluck which will be the Chauvin trial and its aftermath will only hurt us all.

https://spectator.org/derek-chauvin-trial-minneapolis/

Minneapolis officials apparently fear that, during Chauvin’s trial, they will have to deal with a repeat of the violence, looting, and burning that destroyed much of the city following the release of selected parts of the video of George Floyd’s arrest.

“We are working to be prepared for anything that might happen,” said Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey. “Undoubtedly the primary flashpoint associated with this trial will be the jury deliberation and the verdict itself, and it’s really impossible at this point to know what date that will be on, whether it’s late April or early May.”

The mayor is correct insofar as an acquittal of Chauvin would undoubtedly result in a city-wide explosion of violence and destruction.

But is an acquittal even possible? Didn’t the arrest video clearly and unequivocally show in real time the police defendants calmly and deliberately murdering Floyd in broad daylight while wearing body cameras recording their every move and before eyewitnesses with video cameras? Didn’t Mayor Frey himself pronounce them guilty the day after Floyd’s arrest and demand that they be fired by the police department?

• Like 2

Thanks to the hateful and hypocritical Demorats pushing their anti everybody-but-us narrative on their left wing social and mainstream media propaganda strongarms, their low IQ Dem voter base long sentences all those cops. And all white folks. And all males. And all Christians. And all Trump voters. And all conservatives.

The fact that black folks do per capita much more crime in the US is totally irrelevant in this context.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crockett said:

Thanks to the hateful and hypocritical Demorats pushing their anti everybody-but-us narrative on their left wing social and mainstream media propaganda strongarms, their low IQ Dem voter base long sentences all those cops. And all white folks. And all males. And all Christians. And all Trump voters. And all conservatives.

The fact that black folks do per capita much more crime in the US is totally irrelevant in this context.

From another thread...

A67EF054-26A4-44DD-8AAB-04C06DCA0990.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

one Juror is a BLM supporter who denies ever seeing the Video of Mr. Floyd`s Arrest, but Lives in Hennepin County and watches the News???

another works in IT but has no Social Media and knows nothing of the Arrest or Death yet was somehow Affected Directly by the Riots??

the Third is a Woman in her 20s or 30s of Color who was "Super Excited about getting the Jury Questionnaire"?

The Media is already pressing on the Jury by its Status.

wont be anything like a Fair Trial for him.

member who is in charge there now..

DSpO0wSXcAMPvjw.jpg.12e20d8a1f8b1256e1f79aad9cc57dc8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

one Juror is a BLM supporter who denies ever seeing the Video of Mr. Floyd`s Arrest, but Lives in Hennepin County and watches the News???

another works in IT but has no Social Media and knows nothing of the Arrest or Death yet was somehow Affected Directly by the Riots??

the Third is a Woman in her 20s or 30s of Color who was "Super Excited about getting the Jury Questionnaire"?

The Media is already pressing on the Jury by its Status.

wont be anything like a Fair Trial for him.

member who is in charge there now..

DSpO0wSXcAMPvjw.jpg.12e20d8a1f8b1256e1f79aad9cc57dc8.jpg

How the hell did they find a jury of Michael Jackson's peers?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

For enough money twelve peers can be found for anyone. Actually only one or two peers needed to hang a jury. 

True. Just the idea of 12 other people similar enough to be actual peers makes my skin crawl.

• Thanks 1

Well.

some of the LEOs here can add.

if you have someone in custody, are you responsible for their welfare?

if a detainee has a heart attack? Overdose? Loses conscience? Cuts themselves?

do you have a duty to respond? (The whole ‘knee on the neck thing” is just a visual the media loves)

Around here, they cruisers have Narcan. If a suspect starts to OD, what is your responsibility?

1 minute ago, Dric902 said:

Well.

some of the LEOs here can add.

if you have someone in custody, are you responsible for their welfare?

if a detainee has a heart attack? Overdose? Loses conscience? Cuts themselves?

do you have a duty to respond? (The whole ‘knee on the neck thing” is just a visual the media loves)

Around here, they cruisers have Narcan. If a suspect starts to OD, what is your responsibility?

I'm no cop, but even I know the answer to this.  When a cop has you in custody, they are responsible for your safety.  Much like how public schools are responsible for the students while in school.  Obviously there's special circumstances where cops have the right to use force to get the suspect in custody, but once the suspect is officially in custody, the arresting cops are responsible for the suspect's welfare.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Maser said:

I'm no cop, but even I know the answer to this.  When a cop has you in custody, they are responsible for your safety.  Much like how public schools are responsible for the students while in school.  Obviously there's special circumstances where cops have the right to use force to get the suspect in custody, but once the suspect is officially in custody, the arresting cops are responsible for the suspect's welfare.

Floyd self-administered fentanyl before he was put into custody, though aware of his own health issues. Chauvin followed the proper arrest procedures and administered the standard of care approved by his department. IMO Floyd's estate should be billed for the costs of his detention and treatment, and all court costs, as well as Chauvin's inconvenience and damaged reputation. This will not happen, of course, due to liberalism. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Floyd self-administered fentanyl before he was put into custody, though aware of his own health issues. Chauvin followed the proper arrest procedures and administered the standard of care approved by his department. IMO Floyd's estate should be billed for the costs of his detention and treatment, and all court costs, as well as Chauvin's inconvenience and damaged reputation. This will not happen, of course, due to liberalism. 

Doesn't matter if he took the fentanyl himself and was gonna die of an overdose regardless of what Chauvin did.  The problem is that Chauvin's actions (which was proven in the autopsy reports) accelerated Floyd's lethal overdose.  That's gonna be what bites him in the ass in court.  What we saw on the video footage was manslaughter plain and simple because Chauvin had zero regard for Floyd's life while in custody which lead to his accelerated death.  That is pretty much the definition of manslaughter.  What I don't see in the video is 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd degree murder.  I'm also curious to hear about the apparent relationship that Chauvin and Floyd had with eachother because I hear it's being talked about again due to new evidence or something.  Who knows?!  Maybe it will be found out that Chauvin was Floyd's dealer. 

2 minutes ago, Maser said:

Doesn't matter if he took the fentanyl himself and was gonna die of an overdose regardless of what Chauvin did.  The problem is that Chauvin's actions (which was proven in the autopsy reports) accelerated Floyd's lethal overdose.  That's gonna be what bites him in the ass in court.  What we saw on the video footage was manslaughter plain and simple because Chauvin had zero regard for Floyd's life while in custody which lead to his accelerated death.  That is pretty much the definition of manslaughter.  What I don't see in the video is 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd degree murder.  I'm also curious to hear about the apparent relationship that Chauvin and Floyd had with eachother because I hear it's being talked about again due to new evidence or something.  Who knows?!  Maybe it will be found out that Chauvin was Floyd's dealer. 

Could you post those autopsy reports which prove Chauvin's actions accelerated Floyd's overdose? I haven't seen them. I'd also like to see some indication that Chauvin's actions were different from what another officer in the department would have done, but I haven't seen that yet. 

• Thanks 1

Once he had become unresponsive and lost consciousness.

why, when, who, had become irrelevant. Heart attack, OD, stroke, epileptic seizure doesn’t matter. And that was four minutes into nine minute video.

Race has nothing to do with it but to the activists, lines are immediately drawn and defended to the point of blatantly lying to push a narrative.

and that’s a damn shame in a modern society.

4 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Could you post those autopsy reports which prove Chauvin's actions accelerated Floyd's overdose? I haven't seen them. I'd also like to see some indication that Chauvin's actions were different from what another officer in the department would have done, but I haven't seen that yet. 

His lack of providing aid to a detainee in distress is the point. “Prove he didn’t” isn’t possible, “prove he did” is an opinion from the experts. An autopsy isn’t going to show blame or a percentage of “fault” 

that will be interpreted and discussed in abundance in court. The heart of the case is the negligence shown in not providing aid in a timely manner, and the videos are key to that.

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

Once he had become unresponsive and lost consciousness.

why, when, who, had become irrelevant. Heart attack, OD, stroke, epileptic seizure doesn’t matter. And that was four minutes into nine minute video.

Race has nothing to do with it but to the activists, lines are immediately drawn and defended to the point of blatantly lying to push a narrative.

and that’s a damn shame in a modern society.

What’s a modern society?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

What’s a modern society?

Supposedly,

an advanced, first world, non tribal, communicative, reasoned, educated people. Living, growing as a society, advancing for the good of all.

rather than the focus of the day being...eat, drink, shelter

what we are supposed to be as an enlightened people. And contrary to the loudest opinion, most still are.