Senate Dems introduce ‘assault weapons’ ban bill on 205 gun models, incl. shotguns, hunting rifles

pipedreams

"Senate Democrats introduced legislation that would ban 205 “assault weapons” Thursday, just hours after the House passed two other gun control bills.  

Introduced by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), the legislation called the “Assault Weapons Ban of 2021” would also outlaw magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds and is co-sponsored by 34 other Senate Democrats.

According to a press release from Feinstein, the bill “bans any assault weapon with the capacity to utilize a magazine that is not a fixed ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock.”

Some of the firearms listed in the proposed ban are “All AR types,” “All UZI types,” Ed Brown Hunting and Model 704 Bolt Action Rifles, ‘Springfield Inc. M6 Scout Rifle/Shotgun, Beretta CX4 and Sig Sauer P556 pistol, as well as belt-fed semi-autos.

Current owners of the “assault weapons” listed in the legislation would be allowed to keep them, but any private transfers would require an FBI background check prior to receiving the firearm."

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/03/senate-dems-introduce-assault-weapons-ban-bill-on-205-gun-models-incl-shotguns-hunting-rifles/

I don’t see this gaining any real traction despite Dem numbers. With all of the seats they lost in the House last time, going into the 2022 mid-terms, gun-ownership at arguably an all-time high. 

I sure hope I’m right. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

They can have my guns when they rip them from my cold dead hands over a pile of hot brass.  That is all.  Carry on.

Like I told you before...I love ya.  Your husband is a lucky man. 

Maybe...next life...If I don't find THIS lady again.B|

Carry on...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1