“Green” fuel adapter

Batesmotel

Some scumbag has sold a bunch of these as Bio Friendly Green Fuel Adapters. You know. The green nozzle at the pump. Only $99.00 to be able to use the green fuel in your regular car. Small price to pay to save the planet. He sold a bunch and deleted the website. 

My mechanic said a lot of people fell for it. Mostly new drivers. Make sure any new drivers in the family know about diesel fuel. 

7F89F226-0986-43B7-9553-29FC7F06E67E.jpeg

• Sad 1

I worked at a VW dealership (many decades ago) and we had a hoot because some car got towed in,  because they had filled it with regular gas.

That night,  my girlfriend came home from the gas station and told about her horrible day,  because she filled some guy's VW with regular gas.

• Sad 2

Worst I had was in Newport Beach CA when the tanker dumped diesel in the wrong tank. Two other cars and myself were filling up from that tank. Fortunately no one started their cars before the tanker driver noticed his mistake. 

The station had a has-mat truck come and pump out our tanks, put in a couple gallons and pump it out again until they were sure we were clean then gave us full tanks. Just took about 6 hours to get it done. 

I can’t imagine what it cost someone to fix all of that. 

Cleaning out the fuel system would have sucked. 

55 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

Some scumbag has sold a bunch of these as Bio Friendly Green Fuel Adapters. You know. The green nozzle at the pump. Only $99.00 to be able to use the green fuel in your regular car. Small price to pay to save the planet. He sold a bunch and deleted the website. 

My mechanic said a lot of people fell for it. Mostly new drivers. Make sure any new drivers in the family know about diesel fuel. 

7F89F226-0986-43B7-9553-29FC7F06E67E.jpeg

Suckas! Jesus, that's cruel.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

When unleaded first became a thing my grandma got one of those adapters so she could use regular gas in her car and save a few cents per gallon. She was quite a character. :hugs:

We owned gas stations. We saw a lot of that. 

On 3/12/2021 at 4:08 PM, gwalchmai said:

When unleaded first became a thing my grandma got one of those adapters so she could use regular gas in her car and save a few cents per gallon. She was quite a character. :hugs:

A number of people punched out the small opening so the leaded nozzle would fit. Lots of grief if the vehicle had to pass any inspection down the road. 

• Like 1