The Jeep Grand Wagoneer is back

crockett

And I love it!

Will go to the dealer tomorrow and get in line for a Series III Premium.

All new truck frame, air suspension, 10.000 pound towing. Will sell my RAM truck since it has the same towing.

2022-Jeep-Grand-Wagoneer-Concept-0.png

WS-Production-Interior-Hero-Desktop.png

Edited by crockett
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, crockett said:

And I love it!

Will go to the dealer tomorrow and get in line for a Series III Premium.

All new truck frame, air suspension, 10.000 pound towing. Will sell my RAM truck since it has the same towing.

2022-Jeep-Grand-Wagoneer-Concept-0.png

WS-Production-Interior-Hero-Desktop.png

That's Awsome!!  Just shows me, I should look around, stead of just lookin at an Escalade.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Glad it is back, but I'm more liable to buy a completely refurbished one.

I spent the afternoon fixing an intermitted over-charging issue on my beach beater minivan. I realized that one project vehicle is all I can handle lol

• Like 2

I hate when they "bring back" a car.  Nope,  it's a completely new car with an old name.  Jeeps aren't even jeeps any more.

And I refuse to own a car with dash / interior full of computer screens.  A backup camera is law now,  but I even hate that.

I'm overdue for a new vehicle.

It might just have points and a high beam switch on the floor.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I hate when they "bring back" a car.  Nope,  it's a completely new car with an old name.  Jeeps aren't even jeeps any more.

And I refuse to own a car with dash / interior full of computer screens.  A backup camera is law now,  but I even hate that.

I'm overdue for a new vehicle.

It might just have points and a high beam switch on the floor.

I'll bet it's near $100K fully loaded.

ETA after Googling;

They START at $87K for the poverty model. The 2021 Oprah De Luxe model starts at $104K!!!!!!!

Yes, it's gorgeous, and I'm happy to see another premium US SUV that can take it to the Euros. But damn that's a lot of money for an SUV.

Enjoy it OP. 

Edited by M&P15T
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

OP, did you order yerself one?

You can't order them yet, only make a reservation in order to get in line, and that's what I did for the Grand Wagoneer Series III. I just hope they offer all shown options right away.

image.thumb.png.addcbf4d08c6f67859ecaa5170aaae8b.png

Edited by crockett

15 minutes ago, crockett said:

You can't order them yet, only make a reservation in order to get in line, and that's what I did for the Grand Wagoneer Series III. I just hope they offer all shown options right away.

Damn, that's a chunk of change.  I guess the Escalade is around that price too.

48 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Damn, that's a chunk of change.  I guess the Escalade is around that price too.

The Escalade was my original plan but FCA is really catching up in recent years. Never had an issue with my 2018 RAM, but plenty with recent GM products, so Jeep seems to be the better route these days.

What many people don't consider is inflation. A 80k car 10 years ago is now 100k in todays money. 100k used to be a big number, and making six figures used to be a big deal. Reality is that you NEED six figures these days if you want to be able to afford more than bare bone basics in life IMO.

Edited by crockett
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dukenukem said:

That's a pretty nice looking ride.  A lot of money for a Jeep though.  I think they should've brought the woodgrain panels back too.  

Maybe they will bring a true 2 tone striped version.

That being said, this is a totally new concept compared to the old Wagoneer. If I wanted a lifted wagon, I'd get a Volvo.

On 3/25/2021 at 3:21 PM, crockett said:

I see you're going for the 2022 Lebron James Edition, my good man. Most indubitably, your taste is exquisite.

I like the cut of your jib.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

I see you're going for the 2022 Lebron James Edition, my good man. Most indubitably, your taste is exquisite.

I like the cut of your jib.

Oddly enough, it looks like a deal to me. Anything comparable from Benz or Bentley will be twice as much and still smaller.

I see my Vette as a value deal as well. Anything comparably fast in a sports car design with a V8 from any European brand will also be twice if not 3 times what I paid for it. In day trading we call this "being a deal hunter", meaning that we let the price come down to use and not chase it, even if we have to wait or miss out on other opportunities. For the longest time US made luxury SUVs couldn't keep up with Benz or BMW at all. That really changed with the new Navigator, Escalade and the especially the Wagoneer.

All fun aside, the Escalade comes also with 22" rims and even more speakers (36). Same with the Navigator, also on 22" OEM. This is the new standard in this segment. Attaching an age old cliché to a new OEM product smells rather like resentment.

• 4 months later...

The ONLY vehicle that I have ever owned (or leased) that did not have ONE trip back to the dealer for something going wrong and needing warranty is my current 2019 Porsche Macan S (No down $900/mo.)...

The lease is up soon, and as soon as I can order a 2022 I am going to get another one.

Current one is at 16,000 miles and I will buy it for $41,000 and give t to one of my boys..

Incredible vehicle    get 20 mpg local 25 mpg at 75/80 highway..and its the perfect size for our 2 babies (permanent dog seats in the rear, no person has ever sat in the back...

We don't tow or carry huge (anything) anymore, so it's the perfect size   (Fits in the garage with walk around space_)