Marital difference of opinion

gwalchmai

My wife and I picked up a little wall hook at an antique shop recently for our powder room (some folks call it a "half bath" but my wife calls it a powder room even though I explained that a proper powder room would be located closer to my reloading bench, but that's another story). Well, I asked her where I should hang it and she said "over the vanity by the sink".

Me: "Wouldn't that get one's coat wet?"

She: "Are you dense? It's for a towel."

Me: "Of course not. It's to hang one's coat."

She: "Whoever heard of hanging a coat in the powder room?"

So tell me, oh Font-o-Wisdom, do y'all not hang up your jackets when visiting the pooper?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gwalchmai said:

My wife and I picked up a little wall hook at an antique shop recently for our powder room (some folks call it a "half bath" but my wife calls it a powder room even though I explained that a proper powder room would be located closer to my reloading bench, but that's another story). Well, I asked her where I should hang it and she said "over the vanity by the sink".

So tell me, oh Font-o-Wisdom, do y'all not hang up your jackets when visiting the pooper?

Put it where you're told...:anim_lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, jfost11 said:

This is inside your house, right? Is it normal to be walking around inside your home with a coat on and wearing it into the bathroom? 

Yeah, but what if you're visiting someone's home and wearing a suit, or a sport coat, or a cardigan, or a Nehru? Or, of course, if you're wearing your favorite smoking jacket, or your bathrobe. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

This is how i ended up with a router.

The wife said she wanted the edges of a square piece of wood rounded.  That to me meant use a router.  Turn the edges down like quarter round.

She meant turn the square into a circle.

Women's is different.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

No.  Usually i kick the door open and yell, "Clear!"

This is a warning.  Something is about to happen.  Move to safety.

Then, i detonate an area denial munition.

After a period of time...things return to normal...but all know..."That is my scent! Fear me!"

Edited by Historian
  • Haha 2

I gave all my business attire to Goodwill when I retired 8 years ago. Ever since I wear literally every single day of the year Wally World t-shirts and camo cargo shorts. I don't own a single jacket anymore. The few times it gets cooler or I have to travel, I just get used to it. Been in Vegas last year for a week in January. Got a "few" looks from folks for walking around in t-shirt and shorts in winter.

So yeah, throw that sink and hook out, and make it a powder and primer room.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, crockett said:

I gave all my business attire to Goodwill when I retired 8 years ago. Ever since I wear literally every single day of the year Wally World t-shirts and camo cargo shorts. I don't own a single jacket anymore. The few times it gets cooler or I have to travel, I just get used to it. Been in Vegas last year for a week in January. Got a "few" looks from folks for walking around in t-shirt and shorts in winter.

So yeah, throw that sink and hook out, and make it a powder and primer room.

I several suits and a tux for formal occasions.   I wear them about once a month.   The tux...at this point two or three times a year for charity events.

I even have two military grade Scottish made kilts...for special events.  Mostly memorials.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Historian said:

The wife said she wanted the edges of a square piece of wood rounded.  That to me meant use a router.  Turn the edges down like quarter round.

Women's is different.

And they say it in about 6 paragraphs just to see if you can pick out the 3 words that really matter from all it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

Women's is different.

It has been said that XX and XY are actually two different species tied together in a symbiotic relationship. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, railfancwb said:

It has been said that XX and XY are actually two different species tied together in a symbiotic relationship. 

I had an engineer from IBM once tell me to approach a server from a specific direction.  She then said if I were a woman she would have told me to approach it from a different direction.

She had co-wrote a study on the differences in the way people think.

Needless to say she was brilliant.

• Like 1

Jacket in the bathroom?  No.  I'm not retired like crockett, but I pretty much wear jeans and a pullover, or shorts and a t-shirt/Hawaiian shirt. I have a walk in closet full of suits, dress shirts and stuff.  The last time I wore any of that was to record a video spoofing Biden.  Other than that I haven't worn anything fancy in a decade or so.  As long as there's TP and somewhere to put my gun when I'm in the bathroom I'm happy.  No hooks needed.

• Like 1