Getting a new dog.

Silentpoet

Well in about 10 days I bring this boy home from the shelter. He is a poodle Great Pyrenees mix. They believe he is house trained.  He needs som medical care and then neutered before I can take him home.  He is a bit bigger than I was looking for, but seems to match my personality better than some of the other dogs there. He is roughly 1 year old.

38BC3F26-8CC6-4D1D-9A47-D119BADD53CC.jpeg

5E0A9577-8844-43D9-B8E6-1198FE383976.jpeg

C15402CF-0E0B-4118-87C7-8E0C5CEF486E.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

Well in about 10 days I bring this boy home from the shelter. He is a poodle Great Pyrenees mix. They believe he is house trained.  He needs som medical care and then neutered before I can take him home.  He is a bit bigger than I was looking for, but seems to match my personality better than some of the other dogs there. He is roughly 1 year old.

38BC3F26-8CC6-4D1D-9A47-D119BADD53CC.jpeg

5E0A9577-8844-43D9-B8E6-1198FE383976.jpeg

C15402CF-0E0B-4118-87C7-8E0C5CEF486E.jpeg

When we got our new dog from a rescue place, they had me register as a foster home first. 

By doing that we got the dog right away and the vet teeth cleaning and chip placement was discount charged to the rescue outfit.  Then I filled out adoption papers to get her for our own.

She was extraordinarily trained and followed commands quite well.  I haven't been billed for her yet.  She is 14 years old and our expectancy is around 18 years.

You may have the best dog yet.  Bless  you for taking it and our hopes for a great relationship for you guys.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, janice6 said:

When we got our new dog from a rescue place, they had me register as a foster home first. 

By doing that we got the dog right away and the vet teeth cleaning and chip placement was discount charged to the rescue outfit.  Then I filled out adoption papers to get her for our own.

She was extraordinarily trained and followed commands quite well.  I haven't been billed for her yet.  She is 14 years old and our expectancy is around 18 years.

You may have the best dog yet.  Bless  you for taking it and our hopes for a great relationship for you guys.

This is the local humane society shelter.  They do good work.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, railfancwb said:

I’ve known one or two Great Pyrenees via their people. They are used in this area some as livestock guards. Laid back days, devoted guards at night.

Hope this dog proves to be a good one for you. 

Yes they make their night patrols religiously. Seem to be great dogs. Poodles were originally hunting dogs as well. They have a great nose.

I hope this one gives you years of smiles.

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

Last night I got the bill for my dog.  $538.  But she's mine!

Corrected for stupid grammar.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

Our first dog was a Miniature Poodle.  I can't think of a more loving and obedient dog.  Ours was a small version and lived 18 years.  They are wonderful.

• Like 3

Handsome dog! Rescues are the best. Got ours about 6 months ago. She’s a timid, but very loving dog who’s about 5 years old.

How big is he? Our little girl goes in at 18 pounds. Smaller than I would have preferred. But I could care less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2021 at 11:23 AM, janice6 said:

Last night I got the bill for my dog.  $538.  But she's mine!

Corrected for stupid grammar.

The Rescue place called me back and said they made a big mistake on the bill for the dog. 

They said it was $!38, not $538.  I like the idea of the lesser price.  But, I would willingly pay the higher price for her. 

She is a wonderful addition to my family.  I was petting her tonight as we sat on the couch together.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Huski92 said:

Handsome dog! Rescues are the best. Got ours about 6 months ago. She’s a timid, but very loving dog who’s about 5 years old.

How big is he? Our little girl goes in at 18 pounds. Smaller than I would have preferred. But I could care less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is pretty big but could stand to gain some weight still.    I was actually looking for a smaller dog.  They had a terrier mix but he was probably too high energy for me.  The dog I am adopting is more laid back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2021 at 8:38 PM, Swampfox762 said:

Want a critter.  Need a critter.  Just not in the cards right now...:(

We would like a dog as well. We both love them and enjoy our neighbors dogs when they visit, or we just go talk to them in their yard. 

We think we don't have the time for one. We do enjoy getting out, and haven't realized we aren't as mobile as we used to be, so the critter wouldn't have to stay home alone like if we were even at work.

If we were comfortable with it, there would be a third member in the house, but for some reason we just enjoy the freedom of no kids or pets.

She was a cuddly fuzzball for about a week and then she morphed into...

HappyFrozeface.jpg.c282e0e101305257df37797f1bf6a6f3.jpg

a moose. 

Solid muscle.  She can break the outdoors.

And she can go both ways;  she'll psycho-play with the g-kids for nine hours straight,  and then she'll turn into a speedbump after they leave.  She finds the exact spot where you're most likely to trip over her and lay there for a week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1